Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bioweapon DIY updgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I am interested in a legitimate DIY upgrade for my 2017 model S without the filter.

I simply want the air filter service part and will do the installation myself. I understand that my car has all the parts except the air filter and software (which runs on high).

Tesla sells this filter with service for $500. Anyway to just get the part number?

-rob

I am aware that people buy homedepot filters and cut them to fit...but this approach cannot guarantee intended performance. Pressure drop of cut filters is unlikely to be compatible with Tesla’s system performance. Additionally, if you see the Tesla’s filter you will notice the heavy amount of corrugations that increase surface area without increasing pressure drop allowing for high performance (which is hard to find).

I don’t think you will find a HEPA filter that will fit perfectly into that slot. But as the above post, you will find filters that can be trimmed to fit the slot. The way Tesla do the hepa is it is glued around the frame, surely you can use some of those silver tapes.

Didn't Tesla sell this upgrade with software upgrade themselves in the USA?
Your right
URL =Model S HEPA Air Filtration Upgrade

I think he wants to do a DIY upgrade (see 1st posts). He will be able to install it, but I don't think he will be able to activate the new "Bio Defense" button to do the positive pressure which is needed to fully appreciate the actual Bio Defense Mode feature.

Reactions: rothman