Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bioweapon HVAC filter upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swear I just saw a YouTube video preview about someone retrofitting the OE HEPA filter to a Model Y, but now I can't find it. So basically, my comment is useless. But maybe you can be a YouTube or internet sleuth and find out.

there are tons of sites that sell hepa filter replacements, but this is just a replacement filter. it is not the big filter that biodefense uses and definitely wont give you the biodefense button on your screen.

I contacted Tesla via chat. Was told that currently there is no retrofit for the HVAC but she said she heard there is one coming soon. She recommended I contact service through my app and schedule an appointment for it. They would have a better answer for me. I have not done that yet.

Reactions: 101dals
The charcoal "HEPA" filters we see on Amazon and other sites are substandard in quality and don't really have data to backup their claim. I've had 2 sets in my car that ended up making my interior smell like soot after some use. It smells worse on humid days. I went back to the factory filters that are made in Germany and I am super happy with them.