Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bird Doo Doo Boo Boo Finally Got Me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys...it finally happened...last Friday...a bird left a clear 1" sized doo doo boo boo on my hood...and now I cannot remove the smudgy feeling remnants of the ghosted dropping that shows up matte against the shine of the car...what the heck do I DO?! I tried washing + detailing the car but no luck...it's been pretty hot these last few days too which is not helpful.

I've now scheduled a service appointment at Tesla on 6/28 first thing in the a.m. in hopes they can help me correct the issue...your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I know I cannot be the first to experience this issue...booo the doo doo boo boo! lol sad face.

jazz

That happened to me about a week into ownership. First time I ever got one of those serious etching bird poops. I ended up polishing it out with a dual-action polisher and some compound.

I had also watched some videos and read about using a heat gun, but that didnt work for me. But you may want to try that first.

I wouldnt even bother with the service center. You'd have better luck taking it to a professional detailer if its not something you want to tackle yourself.

That happened to me about a week into ownership. First time I ever got one of those serious etching bird poops. I ended up polishing it out with a dual-action polisher and some compound.

I had also watched some videos and read about using a heat gun, but that didnt work for me. But you may want to try that first.

I wouldnt even bother with the service center. You'd have better luck taking it to a professional detailer if its not something you want to tackle yourself.

I just went to a detailer today...and they were not able to remove it...maybe I try a body shop? ...I will definitely search for a good one here locally to try to resolve the issue prior to my appointment...so annoying! Glad you got yours fixed :D

My car was delivered with several paint flaws and Kniesel's Collision did an excellent job in the repair and color matching. Car looks better now than on delivery day.

Here is their info:

Kniesel's Collision, Inc.
4680 Pacific Street, Rocklin, CA 95677
Direct/Fax: (916) 836-8046 Office : (916) 315-8888

Reactions: Jazz_MIII
The first time I dealt with a major bird bomb, I found this polish/compound sample kit from Chemical Guys to be really helpful:

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guy...+v+sample+kit&qid=1560868648&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Although it is optimal to use a DA polisher, you can apply by hand with a clean microfiber pad. I would start with the V36. If that doesn't work, try the V34, and if that doesn't work, pull out the big guns and try the V32. For me, the V34 did the trick.

Reactions: TyH2009
Once the original clear coat gets etched off, itll have to be resprayed. waxes and polishes are only temporary fixes.

Wraps and ppf provide piece of mind from those type of elements.
IMG_20190618_084021.JPG

The first time I dealt with a major bird bomb, I found this polish/compound sample kit from Chemical Guys to be really helpful:

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guy...+v+sample+kit&qid=1560868648&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Although it is optimal to use a DA polisher, you can apply by hand with a clean microfiber pad. I would start with the V36. If that doesn't work, try the V34, and if that doesn't work, pull out the big guns and try the V32. For me, the V34 did the trick.

FWIW, Chemical Guys is nothing but marketing. No one in the detailing world respects them.

To OP, go to a professional detailer. No reason to go to the service center for this. Longer wait time and most likely worse results.

FWIW, Chemical Guys is nothing but marketing. No one in the detailing world respects them.

To OP, go to a professional detailer. No reason to go to the service center for this. Longer wait time and most likely worse results.

I personally think that is too broad of a generalization about Chemical Guys. Yes, they are known for slick videos and marketing. However, some of their products actually work really well. For example, I really liked their V line of polishes/compounds and I really like their VRP protectant for tires. I am basing this on my own real-world experience with the products. Sorry, but "nothing but marketing", in my opinion, is inaccurate.

Reactions: TyH2009
I personally think that is too broad of a generalization about Chemical Guys. Yes, they are known for slick videos and marketing. However, some of their products actually work really well. For example, I really liked their V line of polishes/compounds and I really like their VRP protectant for tires. I am basing this on my own real-world experience with the products. Sorry, but "nothing but marketing", in my opinion, is inaccurate.
Agree.

No doubt their marketing is great, but some of their products are actually pretty great and some of the better one's I've tried.

Is there better stuff out there I haven't tried? Probably, but to say their products aren't great, and they're nothing but marketing is bull honkey.

Reactions: joebruin77

Agree.

No doubt their marketing is great, but some of their products are actually pretty great and some of the better one's I've tried.

Is there better stuff out there I haven't tried? Probably, but to say their products aren't great, and they're nothing but marketing is bull honkey.

They create multiple variations of nearly identical products to trick enthusiasts into thinking they need five of essentially the same product. Do they have a some products that are good? Sure. But when you're making two dozen different car washes -- that customer support can't even tell you the different between -- you better hope at least one is a hit.

They filter out reviews on their website from actual customers who do not leave glowing ratings. I've seen plenty of people on detailing forums have to wait 2-4 weeks to receive a response to an email for help.

There are plenty of other brands that offer better products for cheaper. There's a reason why no professional detailer respects them.