Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Birds eye view / HW4 camera's spotted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks more like for cross traffic (MUCH needed) than Bird's eye since you will still need a center front bumper camera. A center front bumper camera with the B-pillars would cover Bird's eye view with no need for "edge" cameras. Are these are also on the rear (cross traffic also)?

Reactions: DanCar
To add.. I’ve seen the same story on Reddit and the consensus there seems to be it’s just a fabric button/catch

Birds Eye cameras are usually in the bottom of side mirrors, the location of that “camera” means it can’t see down, it’s on a slightly upward facing part of the bodywork. BMW for a while put side nose cameras on their cars going back over 10 years, but stopped them as they weren’t useful (to humans), so the ideas not new as such, but still not convinced

Reactions: TJPDX
Would be a very odd place to mount a camera. Unlike the forward facing camera above the rear view mirror which the wipers clean, this one would not see well as there is nothing to clean it. Rain, dirty wet roads, snow would render it useless in no time. The field of view would also be rather limited in that location. My vote is a snap to hold the camo in place.

Reactions: outdoors
looks like a popper to hold the fabric on to me
Agreed, makes far more sense for that to be a popper or just dirt. The fabric is opaque, you can't see through it elsewhere. Also the angle from the other side doesn't show anything

1670187905136.png

Reactions: DanCar