Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
East entrance is valet card key only. Stopped to charge Thanksgiving eve - Wednesday 10:30 pm and could only get about 10kw average charge - 30 mph which was meandering between 0 and 40 kW. Tried three different stalls all on different pairs. Gave up after three hours & found a 14-50 nearby at Munger. 29mph but at least reliable enough for me to nap for 3 hours. Didn't get my parking validated, messing with charging till after 11:00 when most of area closes. 3 hours - $7.50 cash or credit card. Made it to Brentwood & supercharged successfully.

I supercharged several more times without incident to my destination in Ohio. Maybe Csftn could detour at Tupelo to Meridian. It was nice. How does a supercharger react if it loses 2 phases? Maybe Saturday's meetup was a stress test that didn't it didn't pass.

Anyone else experience slow charging at this location? If so, what was your starting SOC?

This location is critical for my traveling to Florida. I need to know if it is problematic.

Just used this location on Wednesday at 9:00am at <20% after driving from Meridian on the way to Atlanta. Fully charged after about 40 minutes (see attached image). Saved us having to go from Meridian to Greenville/Auburn instead. Probably saved an hour. at least. The Octane coffee place (off the lobby of the Westin) will validate the annoying parking ticket, but their prices are a little out of line. IMG_3101.PNG

Reactions: CSFTN and N4HHE
Has anyone with an 85D made it straight through from Memphis to Birmingham? If so, what was your average speed?

I drove from Birmingham to Memphis at about 70 mph. I would have had around 20 miles left when I arrived so I stopped at New Albany, MS and used the level 2 charger at the library. Main street is very close with lots of restaurants where we stopped for lunch. At that time, I only had access to a 115v circuit in Memphis so I wanted more miles when I arrived.

As soon as the Memphis Supercharger goes online, I would do it non-stop at around 65-70 mph depending on the wind. Birmingham has a SC now so that make it easier when you arrive in Birmingham.

Haven't done it, but it shouldn't be too tough with some precautions. I would just keep it at 70mph (or below) and go easy on the climate control, especially during the first half of the trip. The most important thing is to keep track of the miles to rated miles ratio and be sure you are maintaining a proper pace as you drive.

Any Birmingham locals (within 50 miles) every get this SuC to operate above 70kW?
In Memphis, only locals are posting and we are all posting < 70 kW, regardless of circumstances. Browsing this thread, it appears locals are getting poor charge rates, remote people are doing fine. Can anyone contradict that observation?

Any Birmingham locals (within 50 miles) every get this SuC to operate above 70kW?
In Memphis, only locals are posting and we are all posting < 70 kW, regardless of circumstances. Browsing this thread, it appears locals are getting poor charge rates, remote people are doing fine. Can anyone contradict that observation?

Maybe not the observation about locals, but here's an image of what my experience was (as a non-local) on the 23rd of last month - not <70kW, but not a lot more either.
IMG_3101.PNG

Thank you for the information. Putting your 2 posts together ... you went from 20% to full in 40 minutes? By the time you reached 69% full you were charging at an instantaneous rate of 71 kW. I haven't paid enough attention, but isn't that actually pretty good?

Any idea what your charge rate was as 25% SOC? We are maxing out at ~ 65 kW here, most people reporting 50kW at their best. I appreciate your input; do you have any more data?

If this goes against etiquette/rules, please remove this post.

We were eating at Mugshots near the Birmingham supercharger a few weeks ago (just stopped to eat, wasn't charging) and I noticed a red X90D pulled forward into one of the lanes closest to mugshots and the pizza restaurant. Last night I forgot to plug-in and didn't realize it until I was leaving today. So in between appointments I stopped by the supercharger to grab a few miles worth to be safe since traffic was really bad today. Again, a red X90D was pulled forward into a spot blocking a charger. Now, I can't be positive it was the same X as last time since I didn't take a photo or write down the plate. However, the vehicle looked to be the same.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't even bother with this as I've never seen more than two teslas at this charger but I guess holiday traffic has increased usage because while I was there, only one lane was empty.

photo.jpg

If this goes against etiquette/rules, please remove this post.

We were eating at Mugshots near the Birmingham supercharger a few weeks ago (just stopped to eat, wasn't charging) and I noticed a red X90D pulled forward into one of the lanes closest to mugshots and the pizza restaurant. Last night I forgot to plug-in and didn't realize it until I was leaving today. So in between appointments I stopped by the supercharger to grab a few miles worth to be safe since traffic was really bad today. Again, a red X90D was pulled forward into a spot blocking a charger. Now, I can't be positive it was the same X as last time since I didn't take a photo or write down the plate. However, the vehicle looked to be the same.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't even bother with this as I've never seen more than two teslas at this charger but I guess holiday traffic has increased usage because while I was there, only one lane was empty.

View attachment 206191
And I thought I had the only Red Model X90D in Birmingham. At least I know that isn't mine because I have a spoiler in the back.

Anyone traveled from Nashville/Brentwood to Birmingham (or vice versa)? Any advice? I might be attempting it in a week.
Which model do you have? Anything over a 60 will be fine. I have to stop and charge around Decatur to comfortably make it in my S60.

Speaking of traveling, has anyone made the Birmingham to Chattanooga stretch in a S60? The in-car navigation says I can make it with 10% left but I'm not sure how accurate that thing is.