Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging at 313 mi/hr. Note at least in the evening here on Friday area blocked off as Valet only. Security swung by and made sure we were charging and good to go. BTW Octane validates and the Flat White is excellent.

Attachments

• IMG_1468.JPG
    IMG_1468.JPG
    460.1 KB · Views: 111
The SC is accessible they are using the back third of the parking lot for valet service for the area. See it as a plus as it will control access to the parking and charging stations during busiest period.

Don't know if there is a way for people who are charging to validate without purchasing anything. Didn't think to ask.

Presumably Tesla will figure out a way to make this parking lot free for visiting Teslas, like they did at Chattanooga and Savannah.

But that might take a little while for them to iron out. In the meantime, if someone could figure out the exact parking rates (e.g. free for first XX minutes, then $X per hour), we can add that info to the Plugshare listing.

Birmingham Supercharger | Birmingham, AL | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Stopped by tonight to check it out since I was down the street. Got yelled at by a valet guy because I drove past the "valet only" sign to get to the chargers. They had marked off that section of the parking lot as valet only apparently. My guess is that no one has told the valet guys what the shiny new chargers are yet.

What I learned at the gathering this morning:

A BJCC attendant appeared out of nowhere on my way in, so I asked questions. Was told the lot is attended 24/7 and if they don't notice a Tesla exiting then call the number on the gate pedestal.

On the way out she reappeared and opened the gate for me with a physical key. Seemingly not able to open remotely from her hidden vantage point. If this amount of labor is necessary then I think it won't be long before someone figures out how to split the lot. Appears to already have an entrance on the east side but no one I saw used it today. The "main" gate and exit are on the west.

... if someone could figure out the exact parking rates (e.g. free for first XX minutes, then $X per hour), we can add that info to the Plugshare listing.
Birmingham Supercharger | Birmingham, AL | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

... Was told the lot is attended 24/7 and if they don't notice a Tesla exiting then call the number on the gate pedestal ... The "main" gate and exit are on the west.

Thanks N4HHE! Added to Plugshare description.

Hey everyone! Latched onto this as a way into the Birmngham owners. I'm local and must ordered my 90D! Super excited but also a few (million) questions. Ok, not really, just a few. Anyone willing to let me bend their ear for a minute or two by phone? I assume there's a messaging function on this forum. Thanks in advance.

So excited to be joining this crowd!

BKR