Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Birmingham, Alabama supercharger is open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just used this supercharger yesterday, and you have to get an automated ticket to park to charge. But this is the first time I have ever had to actually pay to use the ticket to get out ($1.50). This is the only place that I have been that I have to pay for parking just to use a supercharger. Seems like Tesla ought to be putting these chargers where we owners can use the chargers for free.

Reactions: NerdUno
Usually, if there's some special arrangement for access they put the details in the popup when you click on the supercharger on the in-car map (but not the website map). However, I see nothing against this site.

(yes, my car still shows the details for this supercharger even though it tells me it's 4,100 miles away, and I didn't buy the hovercraft option so would have some difficulty driving there).

We used it mid-April, but also stayed the night. $8 for that. PlugShare said it was free for Teslas and that the lot is manned 24/7. I never saw a person working there and the pay machine didn't seem to care that I was driving a Tesla.
Yes, there was no one working there......in fact, the surrounding streets were under heavy construction.....and the pay machine didn't care that I was parking only for charging either.