Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Birmingham Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected car :D.
There were about 15 M3 there but 1 was the only one there. By the time I left, another couple came to collect their M3P. Exactly the same spec parked next to me. :) Had chance to compare defects and panel gaps. Both cars were not perfect but would have preferred theirs mainly due to their registration plate (only 1 letter different). But no big deal. There were 3 small chips in mine and a customary bumper panel misalignment. Mentioned to Kathy there and she said i can reject the car and get another one. No further advice or comments. :confused:. Decided to accept it cos its minor and will be sorted by SC and so signed for it. From what i could see, the next car would probably not be perfect too. She took photos of it and said she will set up a service appointment call. Messed around a bit more and left the site. They made a private plate for me as well :) but thats £24 :( Overall experience ok. But a little cold. Got my coffee and biscuit though. :)

The acceleration is :D. The regen is much better then the kona and the 1 pedal driving much much more easier/smoother. Overall a better touring car.

The SOC was 50% so drove to the supercharger to use my "free miles". Took 30min to give me approx 180 miles (£10ish on the screen). Checked on the app and it says I have free referral 5000 miles but have not deducted any for the charge. Hopefully I will not be charged for it.

Anyway, going out again and have another spin :D

Don't suppose anyone has a phone number for Tesla Birmingham, Summer Hill Road? I've been trying to get through to someone (anyone!) at Tesla since last Friday, ahead of my collection this coming Friday, and it's just impossible to get a response. Email, phone, even Twitter - nothing at all. So thought I'd ring the service centre itself, but the number on the site goes through to the main national phoneline...

Thanks. Proving tricky at the moment though. 90 mins on hold yesterday, 30 mins the day before...

At this point I don't know my new car's number plate, which means I can't get insurance, which means I won't be legally able to drive it away when I go to collect it tomorrow morning. That, plus need to arrange part exchange and the option has been taken away on my online account. Need to contact someone at Tesla - been trying for a week with no joy. Pretty ridiculous as things stand.

Same here, I collected mine, literally the only thing wrong was the frunk mat was absent, they've logged it to post out to me along with another couple collecting their performance next to mine and they said that there appears to be a shortage of them as a lot of cars are arriving without.

Handover was good though. I arrived 40 minutes early, signed in at the desk and was able to piggy back on an earlier delivery slot. Went upstairs and completed the finance papers in about 5 minutes, they look at your driving licence and you sign the agreement online and have to answer a couple of questions to identify you (who is your mortgage with and who is your electricity provider in my case).

Jack who was doing the delivery presentations was having problems with the remote for their presentation but it was all good, and the phone app came alive during the presentation while some of the key features were discussed on a demo car in the showroom with the group. He did mention about the SuC's only supporting the CCS connectors and pointed out there were only the last 4 in the nearest hopwood location converted for model 3.

Then they just let you out to the car on your own where your keycards are waiting for you and you can look around the car on your own. I didn't perceive there to be any pressure to leave or that it was rushed in anyway, although you could see it was a production line type operation with cars being brought out as others left. On the 20 minute walk to the location from New street station I saw at least 10 69 plates clearly from collections earlier.

Once you've familarised yourself with the car, you log any issues which they photograph (just the missing mat in my case), and you sign off at the desk and you are on your way. The car park had a fair number of BJ69's too!

Absolutely thrilled with the car, it really does make everything else I've owned (Audi's/BMW's/Mercs) feel old hat. the driving dynamics hide the weight of the car really well and I can't see the instant acceleration getting old anytime soon.

119 miles of range on collection, now at home on the pod point charging up while I start learning about sentry mode and Dashcam and Spotify login etc.

looking forward to seeing some more of you out there on the roads!

Same here, I collected mine, literally the only thing wrong was the frunk mat was absent, they've logged it to post out to me along with another couple collecting their performance next to mine and they said that there appears to be a shortage of them as a lot of cars are arriving without.

Handover was good though. I arrived 40 minutes early, signed in at the desk and was able to piggy back on an earlier delivery slot. Went upstairs and completed the finance papers in about 5 minutes, they look at your driving licence and you sign the agreement online and have to answer a couple of questions to identify you (who is your mortgage with and who is your electricity provider in my case).

Jack who was doing the delivery presentations was having problems with the remote for their presentation but it was all good, and the phone app came alive during the presentation while some of the key features were discussed on a demo car in the showroom with the group. He did mention about the SuC's only supporting the CCS connectors and pointed out there were only the last 4 in the nearest hopwood location converted for model 3.

Then they just let you out to the car on your own where your keycards are waiting for you and you can look around the car on your own. I didn't perceive there to be any pressure to leave or that it was rushed in anyway, although you could see it was a production line type operation with cars being brought out as others left. On the 20 minute walk to the location from New street station I saw at least 10 69 plates clearly from collections earlier.

Once you've familarised yourself with the car, you log any issues which they photograph (just the missing mat in my case), and you sign off at the desk and you are on your way. The car park had a fair number of BJ69's too!

Absolutely thrilled with the car, it really does make everything else I've owned (Audi's/BMW's/Mercs) feel old hat. the driving dynamics hide the weight of the car really well and I can't see the instant acceleration getting old anytime soon.

119 miles of range on collection, now at home on the pod point charging up while I start learning about sentry mode and Dashcam and Spotify login etc.

Awesome, congrats :). Post like yours make me frantically refresh my tesla account for a slight glimpse of a VIN :( Will be picking mine up from Birm SC as well, whenever that will happen.

Awesome, congrats :). Post like yours make me frantically refresh my tesla account for a slight glimpse of a VIN :( Will be picking mine up from Birm SC as well, whenever that will happen.

Cheers, well you see so many posts about cars with chips and scuffs and bits missing and problems I thought it was worth posting that I was really impressed with delivery, I went in today stood on a packed train into Birmingham wondering what my tale of woe would be. Theres a mat missing, they're sending me one, no biggie, I'll take that.

The scale of deliveries coming through is evidently massive from what I witnessed today and credit to them for how they're doing it. I didnt have to sign millions of identical looking documents, I didnt have to sit and wait for things to print and put in files etc. which is the usual fare when buying a car. I left with precisely no paperwork!! It was really quite efficient and refreshing. I thought a group handover might feel a bit odd, but it was great to see, and some of the people who are marginally less geeky than Tesla forum members I think found it very useful and I think in truth we probably all learned a bit from hearing the answers to each others questions, but the time to yourself looking over the car with the guys on hand if you have a question is great.

So for me all in all, ordering felt a bit "fire and forget" in as much as you dont really know what's going on. There were a number of random invoices and credit notes and finance emails that worked themselves out in the end, but the actual end result is worth it.

Reactions: Roy W. and KJWS

Good to hear. Congrats on your new car. I’m due to follow in your footsteps on Sunday afternoon. Literally. Train to New street, walk to the delivery location and pick up the car.

At least, I hope I do having just waved cheerio to my Audi which I have just sold. So I hope Tesla stick to their delivery time! And that I don’t get a BJ69 plate, although this is clearly a lottery.

Reactions: Roy W.