Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Birmingham Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to hear. Congrats on your new car. I’m due to follow in your footsteps on Sunday afternoon. Literally. Train to New street, walk to the delivery location and pick up the car.

At least, I hope I do having just waved cheerio to my Audi which I have just sold. So I hope Tesla stick to their delivery time! And that I don’t get a BJ69 plate, although this is clearly a lottery.

Cheers. There was a lot of BJ69 plates there today, mostly on SR+ cars I noticed. Good luck for Sunday, and enjoy the car!

Thanks. Proving tricky at the moment though. 90 mins on hold yesterday, 30 mins the day before...

At this point I don't know my new car's number plate, which means I can't get insurance, which means I won't be legally able to drive it away when I go to collect it tomorrow morning. That, plus need to arrange part exchange and the option has been taken away on my online account. Need to contact someone at Tesla - been trying for a week with no joy. Pretty ridiculous as things stand.
Same boat - I pick up Saturday. Fingers crossed we’ll hear

Reactions: Roy W.
I have to say notwistanding their busyness that the Birmingham Delivery Centre were great. The staff were happy to answer any question, check any minor issues (and fix them then and there). They were friendly and polite. It was great when they had the group of us together for the briefing and then at the end said, check your apps you're all setup to get in your cars and go. I am loving every second of my White SR+.

I have to say notwistanding their busyness that the Birmingham Delivery Centre were great. The staff were happy to answer any question, check any minor issues (and fix them then and there). They were friendly and polite. It was great when they had the group of us together for the briefing and then at the end said, check your apps you're all setup to get in your cars and go. I am loving every second of my White SR+.

Glad it went well for you!

Think Birmingham need to educate a little more their customers on the superchargers with CCS as I've witnessed several Model 3s at the nearest ones to Birmingham turn up one after another and try to use the non CCS chargers and confused about other basics of the cars, once they are all converted its not a problem but there are some issues with educating the customers about the basics.

Glad it went well for you!

Think Birmingham need to educate a little more their customers on the superchargers with CCS as I've witnessed several Model 3s at the nearest ones to Birmingham turn up one after another and try to use the non CCS chargers and confused about other basics of the cars, once they are all converted its not a problem but there are some issues with educating the customers about the basics.

They did actually mention it in the briefing for us. Looks like they are listening. I've got to say though, I had to look carefully as the first 6 or so are non-CCS so you get a little paranoid trying your first charge and not seeing the CCS straight away.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Glad it went well. So excited for Birmingham tomorrow!

Picked up today from Birmingham, very casual and friendly staff and loads of them. Everyone seemed genuinely happy to help but clearly very busy. They said about 60 cars a day are going out. The intro presentation won't offer regulars on here anything new but will remind you what things need doing first. My car seemed pretty good, tiny mark on the paint that they'll happily sort out later, the charger kit was complete with correct 3 pin UK adapter and blue lead.

Superchargers at Gordano (Bristol) were busy, one CCS slot left when I arrived, think the other 3 stalls were Model 3, plus S and X on the other stalls. Leaving was a nightmare, took 40 mins to get on to the gridlocked M5, normal Friday. If I did it again I'd loop back to northbound Michael Wood services and avoid going nr Gordano, might help someone?

I hope you have as good an experience as I did.

You really shouldn't need to point out minor issues to them though. I regard the delivery experience of my S a couple of years ago to be the worst of any car I've owned.

It's a shame that Tesla still seem to leave customer service as their lowest priory.

About to head up to Birmingham on the train from south Wales, looking forward to the Tesla delivery experience, most people appear to have enjoyed it so far. Given the monsoon like weather conditions this morning, the Model 3 is going to have a nice introduction to Welsh weather :)

Reactions: Roy W.
Picked up my new shiny red/white model 3 performance on friday from Birmingham delivery center. No issues that i have found so far .. perfect .. except for a dirty hand print on the headliner, which quickly removed when i pointed it out!

Still cant believe how quick this car is!!!

Only thing missing is the frunk mat as others have said here.. but i was told by tesla staff that tesla no longer supply them with the cars! Is this true?

Reactions: KJWS
Picked up my new shiny red/white model 3 performance on friday from Birmingham delivery center. No issues that i have found so far .. perfect .. except for a dirty hand print on the headliner, which quickly removed when i pointed it out!

Still cant believe how quick this car is!!!

Only thing missing is the frunk mat as others have said here.. but i was told by tesla staff that tesla no longer supply them with the cars! Is this true?
Very excited to have picked up my model 3 performance from Birmingham yesterday too. Absolutely love it and delivery was very smooth and friend but I also have no frunk mat :( I've reported it via email to ordersuk & online, but don't expect to get a reply! Let me know if you have any joy.