TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Birthday Presents for my X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by VBXATL, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. VBXATL

VBXATL Member

Balena (my MX) turned 1 a couple of weeks ago and I decided to buy her a couple of presents. :D

Performance Pedals and new FWD switches. The Marietta service center installed them in less than an hour.

Total cost:

$150 for the Pedals
    $95 for the switches ($75 parts and $20 for labor). I included some photos along with a photo of the old switch for reference.

Very happy birthday to a great car. :p

Attached Files:

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  2. IdaX

IdaX Member

I haven't seen those new kind of switches before. Do new X's ship with those? Mine from 2017 March has the old kind (like in your first pic).

3. ckwong

ckwong Member

The new X's are being shipped with the new design. I picked mine up early June and I have it

• Informative x 1
  4. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

5. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

if you ask nicely they may even install them for free for you...they did for me. :)

• Like x 1
  6. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Good to know..Iam due for a annual service, will ask them very nicely...

• Funny x 1
  7. DHG.

DHG. Member

I spoke to Burbank Service center about getting the new door switches installed and they gave me a firm No. The service associate spoke to 6 techs who all said no. :( I'm going to talk to two other people who I've interacted with there that might be more apt to get it done. Might call corporate and have them put the service order though. Having a Tesla moment here where we all get inconsistent service and answers. :/

8. hmmm

hmmm Member

When I read the title, I first thought...Well, I can't help...my X never liked my birthday presents, that's why she is my X.

Never mind, carry on.

• Funny x 5
  9. dreamwave6

dreamwave6 Member

I love the new switches...so glad that my new Model X came with them!

10. outie

outie Active Member

Go to Torrance SC. I asked the tech and I showed him the thread on TMC (he knows about TMC). He researched it and got me the switches installed for free (as a goodwill due to my repeated FWD issues).

I can't say I didn't like the old ones because with the old switches I could reach over and know exactly where to push/pull to operate the doors when I am standing in the front. With the new switches... not so much.

11. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete and lowering champion

I was about to install them and West Los Angeles knew of them. Will do it when my new X comes. They know me there so they weren't going to charge me that much. Maybe they will feel bad about my car and do it for free on my new one.

12. Maaz

Maaz Member

Yep. I just had my annual service at torrance and I told them the metal clip would pop out of alignment when opening falcon wing doors with the switch. They said they don't know if they'll be able to but I showed them the picture from tmc and they changed them for free. Love torrance sc.

• Like x 1