Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bismarck, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have farmer family in Pembina & Neche ND who scoff at the idea of a Tesla and claim it would never work for them. and to a certain extent it's true without the SC near them.

i just can't wait to one day drive straight to Pembina and visit them. :)

Ironically, if your relatives were to do the math, they'd find the cost of spreading a bunch of L3 chargers (including Super Chargers) is a lot less than trying to maintain gas stations as viable businesses in a state with such low population density. And, assuming your relatives have electricity, the fact that they can be their own fuel supplier for the majority of their use makes the energy supply even more secure. Hauling a bunch of gasoline around by trucks is really inefficient compared to sending electricity down a wire. In the long run, EVs are inevitable simply for economic reasons.

Work Being Done For: TESLER.

Something to note in future searches on the Work Being Done For field. :p

EDIT:

It seems like Tesla's current approach is to get a lot of the groundwork done and in, and then the final electrical work later. Since the final work doesn't require any digging, there's more flexibility on the dates, and they could take advantage and get cheap off-season work.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lightfoot3b
Do that tomorrow and Friday

Will do that too :)

Confirmed that MDU gas, Century Link (fiber and copper POTS probably) and one unknown thing have been marked in the region noted on the locate request.

Search and Status

I'm really unsure where they are going to get power from. All areas of the marked region seems really far from significant electrical equipment. But being this is a commercial area, lots of power must be relatively easy to access. Perhaps they will just trench it across the parking lot.

Good news is existing utilities are a good distance from expected location.

Attached image is looking west/southwest from the sidewalk.

Attachments

• IMG_20190828_191737.jpg
    IMG_20190828_191737.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Informative
Reactions: mikerwalsh