Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bit by the “In transit bug”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was called two weeks ago to schedule delivery of my M3. Admittedly because of a friend’s experience with getting their car two weeks later than originally scheduled, I thought; maybe it’ll be different. I even put it off a few days to give them a cushion. Well, it’s not different. I got a text at 5:30pm on the day before saying there’s a “transit issue”. They asked to reschedule and I told them; when you can guarantee when it can be delivered, I’ll pick a time to do so.

I was called two weeks ago to schedule delivery of my M3. Admittedly because of a friend’s experience with getting their car two weeks later than originally scheduled, I thought; maybe it’ll be different. I even put it off a few days to give them a cushion. Well, it’s not different. I got a text at 5:30pm on the day before saying there’s a “transit issue”. They asked to reschedule and I told them; when you can guarantee when it can be delivered, I’ll pick a time to do so.
See this is exactly what I don't understand. They're supposed to get the cars a day or two before delivery so they can inspect and make any repairs if needed. How would they not have known the car wouldn't be there on time at least 2 days before your delivery date?

Seems unacceptable to me on Tesla's part. Jerome needs to have a "delivery day guarantee" and if they have to reschedule, you get a year of free supercharging or a car cover.