Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bitter cold and snow in GTA vs my Model 3 (LR, RWD)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to make a note regarding the 120v on a LRM3.
A few weeks back I took a trip with my wife for a night in Niagara Falls, it was a retreat place that o lay had a 120v plug.
As soon as I arrived I plugged in, it was freezing rain and minus 20 near the falls and ice everywhere.
We arrived around 6pm and the next day around 1pm we went back to the car and packed up to leave. I gained about 100km yes it was very slow lol but o did get back some KM and I did pre heat the car around 1230pm and that did take about 15km back.
Hope this helps answer questions regarding at least my experience with a 120v.
In the end yes you need 240 in my honest opinion but in a jam 120 will get the job done.

120V at 12A won't cut it in this temperature, especially if the car is outside. Do you access to a high amperage plug? Like dryer/washer NEMA plug?

Reactions: noicepls
It's probably a bug in the current iOS app version. All the other push notifications in the app work correctly, so someone probably borked up the code and didn't notice. Hopefully it'll get fixed "soon".
I haven't received charge completed messages in the last few updates/months either and I'm using Android. There's another thread that covers or mentions this with many Android app users too.

I haven't received charge completed messages in the last few updates/months either and I'm using Android. There's another thread that covers or mentions this with many Android app users too.

It's neither Android nor IOS specific problem. Basically, the Charge Completed API gets disabled and unavailable to the app under some conditions.Tesla service is aware of this issue and intend to fix it at some point via an OTA update.

• Informative
Reactions: bijan