Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bittersweet goodbye

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Btrflyl8e

MSLR, W/W 21s FSD 1145 DEL 11/26 VIN MF454
Supporting Member
Mar 24, 2013
Seminole, FL
Ok, maybe that thread title was a bit dramatic...but...

For those who remember my manic wait for Blue Persuasion back in early 2013, you can probably appreciate how hard it is for me to say goodbye to her. My plan was to give her to my bf, not because I love him and want him to also drive the safest, sexiest, most awesome car in the world...but more because then it wouldn't really be like we were parting ways. I'd get to see her every day, drive her whenever, ride in her from time to time, etc. But...autopilot. 90kw. I can't resist.

I will soon order a gray 90D, and my bf said...he doesn't want Blue Persuasion! I don't even know what to say to that. Except...his loss! That, and I'll be ordering my new Model S sooner this way.

I don't think I'll be quite as beside myself excited since I now know what to expect (I had never seen one much less driven one before I took delivery the first time). But, I'm changing all the color choices for this one so it will be very different for a while. Gray exterior, gray leather, next gen seats will be a big change, piano black trim, all other options except subzero and rear facing seats (same as my current car). Of course, losing some frunk space is a bummer, but something tells me I'll get over it!

I just wanted to post it so it starts to really become more real!

Sorry, #9555, you've been a great ride. It's not you, it's me.

Ok, maybe that thread title was a bit dramatic...but...

For those who remember my manic wait for Blue Persuasion back in early 2013, you can probably appreciate how hard it is for me to say goodbye to her. My plan was to give her to my bf, not because I love him and want him to also drive the safest, sexiest, most awesome car in the world...but more because then it wouldn't really be like we were parting ways. I'd get to see her every day, drive her whenever, ride in her from time to time, etc. But...autopilot. 90kw. I can't resist.

I will soon order a gray 90D, and my bf said...he doesn't want Blue Persuasion! I don't even know what to say to that. Except...his loss! That, and I'll be ordering my new Model S sooner this way.

I don't think I'll be quite as beside myself excited since I now know what to expect (I had never seen one much less driven one before I took delivery the first time). But, I'm changing all the color choices for this one so it will be very different for a while. Gray exterior, gray leather, next gen seats will be a big change, piano black trim, all other options except subzero and rear facing seats (same as my current car). Of course, losing some frunk space is a bummer, but something tells me I'll get over it!

I just wanted to post it so it starts to really become more real!

Sorry, #9555, you've been a great ride. It's not you, it's me.

Maybe you can keep "Blue Persuasion" for yourself and give him the 90D? :tongue:

Haha...well, after 26 years it might be a little harder to let him go. Don't think I didn't do some soul-searching when he turned down the free Tesla, though. I mean, who DOES that?

Classic! I remember when you got yours, as mine was in the cue right behind yours. I thought I had a shot at vin 10,000, but in the end it was 12607 for me.

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions - Page 112

I'll be back in line for the 3 on March 31st though.

Cute!

Thanks for buying another new Tesla, as the old Tesla will go to a good home! Of course, there will be a new family for Blue Persuasion.

We bought via CPO last year, and couldn't be happier, 17000 km in only 6 months, all of that evenings and weekends, as my wife only drives it 4 km per day. We're a two EV family, as I drive my Smart ED to work daily (it was our "gateway drug" to EV ownership). ;-)

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Haha...well, after 26 years it might be a little harder to let him go. Don't think I didn't do some soul-searching when he turned down the free Tesla, though. I mean, who DOES that?
+1 to what Bonnie said
Is there professional help for this problem he has? I think it's pretty serious... this is more than a warning sign - but more like a desperate plea for help.

• Funny
Reactions: bredi and Btrflyl8e
+1 to what Bonnie said
Is there professional help for this problem he has? I think it's pretty serious... this is more than a warning sign - but more like a desperate plea for help.
Who knows. I think it's more that he feels bad depriving me of the trade in value. I'd happily sell it to him for a great price :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Cute!

Thanks for buying another new Tesla, as the old Tesla will go to a good home! Of course, there will be a new family for Blue Persuasion.

We bought via CPO last year, and couldn't be happier, 17000 km in only 6 months, all of that evenings and weekends, as my wife only drives it 4 km per day. We're a two EV family, as I drive my Smart ED to work daily (it was our "gateway drug" to EV ownership). ;-)

Someone really will get a deal. My car has been rock solid, and while she is not free of minor blemishes, she's still aged quite gracefully! Congrats on your purchase!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, what 'Blue'? Thought it was black?! :p
Oh not you, too!

He's pretty awesome. When we met 26 years ago, I was recently divorced (I was one of those fools who married too young), working two jobs to pay my bills. He was 9 years older, making far more money, and paid for everything we did. I was never one to expect a man to pay for me all the time just because he's the man. Over the years, my salary increased, to now where I make double his, so I pay for our "luxury" things in addition to half the bills. But I feel like I still "owe" him for those early years. Plus, like I tell him all the time, we're at a stage in our lives where I'm pretty sure we're stuck with each other so who cares who pays for what. I think he feels a little uncomfortable if I spend too much on him, like say, giving him my old Tesla...when I could get tens of thousands for it.

So, I'm thinking of him (and a little me) and he's thinking of me. And that's why we've been together for going on 26 years. I'll keep him.

- - - Updated - - -

i always wondered why he showed up at Cars & Coffee in that little speedo.
You wish. Lol!

Reactions: Science fan