Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bittersweet goodbye

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He's pretty awesome. When we met 26 years ago, I was recently divorced (I was one of those fools who married too young), working two jobs to pay my bills. He was 9 years older, making far more money, and paid for everything we did. I was never one to expect a man to pay for me all the time just because he's the man. Over the years, my salary increased, to now where I make double his, so I pay for our "luxury" things in addition to half the bills. But I feel like I still "owe" him for those early years. Plus, like I tell him all the time, we're at a stage in our lives where I'm pretty sure we're stuck with each other so who cares who pays for what. I think he feels a little uncomfortable if I spend too much on him, like say, giving him my old Tesla...when I could get tens of thousands for it.

So, I'm thinking of him (and a little me) and he's thinking of me. And that's why we've been together for going on 26 years. I'll keep him.

We're all just teasing. Sounds like a great relationship between two adults. A bit rare these days :).

We're all just teasing. Sounds like a great relationship between two adults. A bit rare these days :).
I know it's all in jest. :biggrin:

One other thing that makes him pretty great... He's never taken video or even a pic of one of the dozens of "Lucy" moments I've had (although the time I got a string of Christmas tree lights stuck in my hair he threatened to plug them in and then take video). He also rarely laughs at me, even when I'm trying to make him.

She will be missed!

Are you going to do a final road trip with her, or are her miles now numbered?

Haha...well, after 26 years it might be a little harder to let him go. Don't think I didn't do some soul-searching when he turned down the free Tesla, though. I mean, who DOES that?

I would be happy to garage her for whenever you visit Charlotte and want to take a drive down Nostalgia Lane.

He's pretty awesome. When we met 26 years ago, I was recently divorced (I was one of those fools who married too young), working two jobs to pay my bills. He was 9 years older, making far more money, and paid for everything we did. I was never one to expect a man to pay for me all the time just because he's the man. Over the years, my salary increased, to now where I make double his, so I pay for our "luxury" things in addition to half the bills. But I feel like I still "owe" him for those early years.

And yet you won't buy him a 90D??? :scared:

Haha...well, after 26 years it might be a little harder to let him go. Don't think I didn't do some soul-searching when he turned down the free Tesla, though. I mean, who DOES that?

Could be like my wife. She turned down the Model S (initially) as her daily driver, although she ended up driving it daily anyway, but she held out for the Model X. :)

What do you think @Btrflyl8e? Are you going to join @TeslaRoadTrip 2016?
see TeslaRoadTrip.org for more info.
I had been thinking about it, but it would be in my new 90D. It might still happen, I'm tired of waiting, so I plan to get a trade in quote in the next week or so and get this order started.

Blue Persuasion has a little over 48,000 miles, and no auto pilot, so I don't want to do any last road trip with her.

It would be great to have you join us in VA with your new beau! Bring some more of the Southern contingent and that warm Spring air along for the ride, cause, Auto Pilot, right? Just noticed that Aaron posted news about our special guest, Chelsea Sexton. Perhaps that will give you a little more incentive to place your 90D order and reserve a spot in Williamsburg?!