Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bittersweet goodbye

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another fun thread - some threads leave me feeling wound up, this one I'm enjoying the humor and camaraderie - almost afraid to butt in :)

Just wanted to say that when I upgraded my P85+ to my now P85D, it was still pretty exciting even though I kept almost all the same colors (I was able to retain my original blue color). I had to give up the P85+ in November (2014) and didn't get the P85D until nearly March 2015. I hated every moment of ICE rental cars and when I finally got my new Tesla, it was really like the first time all over again :)

Another fun thread - some threads leave me feeling wound up, this one I'm enjoying the humor and camaraderie - almost afraid to butt in :)

Just wanted to say that when I upgraded my P85+ to my now P85D, it was still pretty exciting even though I kept almost all the same colors (I was able to retain my original blue color). I had to give up the P85+ in November (2014) and didn't get the P85D until nearly March 2015. I hated every moment of ICE rental cars and when I finally got my new Tesla, it was really like the first time all over again :)
Aw, I'm glad you're enjoying this thread!

I'm trading mine in, so there won't be a gap. I bet that would really make you appreciate the new one more, though. Hmmm, maybe I should reconsider trying to sell it myself early!

I don't want my new one to be anything like my old one, so different color inside and out, different trim inside, and now I even get different stock 19's!

I'm less than 2 weeks from placing this order...

Are you planning to put in this order just before close of the month/quarter?
It was suggested that I place my order now, with delayed delivery. Then, I'm locked in to the old pricing... but if there are new features announced that I wish to switch to, it would cost me $500 to change my order (in addition to any cost of said features, of course). So...

I may be interested in Blue Persuation for my wife?

john
PM sent!

- - - Updated - - -

The price is right! :biggrin: Has he driven it? Driving a Tesla is known to cause a desire (with no known cure) to own one.
Oh he's driven it... we shared the drive from Tampa to Boston last year so he drove it plenty.

He only drives about 5 miles a day, so maybe it's just not worth it to him? Who knows. He doesn't really use his words very well, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Roadsters are convertibles. Just sayin...
Well point me to the free one!

Aw, I'm glad you're enjoying this thread!

I'm trading mine in, so there won't be a gap. I bet that would really make you appreciate the new one more, though. Hmmm, maybe I should reconsider trying to sell it myself early!

I don't want my new one to be anything like my old one, so different color inside and out, different trim inside, and now I even get different stock 19's!

I'm less than 2 weeks from placing this order...
I was also doing a trade in but I had to send in the old car almost immediately after negotiation was complete and then the new car was in the first batch of P85Ds that were heavily delayed and eventually I re-ordered a 2015 model leading to an ultimate delivery in late February. I doubt you will have any such problems but I'm sure it will still be exciting to get a shiny new car with fresh new car smell.

Has it been 3 years??? Glad I found this thread, makes me smile, truly and deeply and gladly. Three years ago, I had just started to discover TMC, was mostly dwelling in the investment pages with Luv2b and CapOp, was scanning the Model S delivery pages to be a "smarter investor" and that's when I finally got it.

I remember the joy of following, unabashedly vicariously, the excitement of Bttrfly8e through the ordering, anticipation and delivery of her Model S. I remember, because I thought I wanted the same configuration and she was so over the moon about her Tesla.

To Bttrfly8e as she gets to start a new story and gets to pass on some of her story for another to continue to write.

Raise a glass to Blue Persuasion....may the road always rise up to meet you.....

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
In Remembrance . . .

Reading the first post of this thread just now, brought me back to the day last May when we brought #10,231 into the Tesla store and drove out with our new 70D. Frankly, it was an emotional experience for us as we had first put our deposit down in 2009. Something with so much anticipation, and now we were casting her aside for younger, prettier and might I say sexier . . . Yes, I know there is a special place for us in Hell but we will get there faster and we will be just be going along for the ride . . .

Has it been 3 years??? Glad I found this thread, makes me smile, truly and deeply and gladly. Three years ago, I had just started to discover TMC, was mostly dwelling in the investment pages with Luv2b and CapOp, was scanning the Model S delivery pages to be a "smarter investor" and that's when I finally got it.

I remember the joy of following, unabashedly vicariously, the excitement of Bttrfly8e through the ordering, anticipation and delivery of her Model S. I remember, because I thought I wanted the same configuration and she was so over the moon about her Tesla.

To Bttrfly8e as she gets to start a new story and gets to pass on some of her story for another to continue to write.

Raise a glass to Blue Persuasion....may the road always rise up to meet you.....
Agreed, and yes, it was 3/17/13 when I placed my order and began my 6 weeks of manic TMC posting. This time I'm not quite so manic, since I know exactly what I'm getting into now. I did have a moment where I started considering a P90DL inventory car, though. New blue, even. Interior exactly what I want, but... I talked myself out of that rather quickly.

I've been emotionally attached to every car I've owned except one, my Infiniti G35. I just never bonded with that one, and I drove it for nearly 5 years. But this one, this one is especially tough to say goodbye to. My first car purchased sight unseen, all electric, never even sat in one and spent nearly $90k for it... On the INTERNET? who DOES that? A lot of people on this forum, that's who! I gained way more than an awesome ride, I have some very good friends now from TMC, some local, some not. I became part of something big and important, and while I initially just wanted the coolest car on the planet, I became an advocate for the planet more.

There WILL be tears when I leave her behind, as dumb as that may be. They might have to pry my hands from her steering wheel and drag me out. It WILL be embarrassing for everyone who will witness it, but not for me. I'm not ashamed of my love for her. So yes, raise a glass to her. And raise a glass to whoever buys her, she's got some miles on her but she's still beautiful and has many years left in her.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading the first post of this thread just now, brought me back to the day last May when we brought #10,231 into the Tesla store and drove out with our new 70D. Frankly, it was an emotional experience for us as we had first put our deposit down in 2009. Something with so much anticipation, and now we were casting her aside for younger, prettier and might I say sexier . . . Yes, I know there is a special place for us in Hell but we will get there faster and we will be just be going along for the ride . . .
You were right behind me on taking delivery in 2013, then! I was struggling with an incredible amount of stress at work at the time, so having this car on order to look forward to kept me sane, in an insane way. I don't know how I would have gotten through that time without it, just another reason it's so hard to say goodbye. But I'm still gonna do it, because... autopilot. Lol. Congrats on your trade up, do you miss the full frunk at all?

Reactions: Bgarret
Agreed, and yes, it was 3/17/13 when I placed my order and began my 6 weeks of manic TMC posting. This time I'm not quite so manic, since I know exactly what I'm getting into now. I did have a moment where I started considering a P90DL inventory car, though. New blue, even. Interior exactly what I want, but... I talked myself out of that rather quickly.

I've been emotionally attached to every car I've owned except one, my Infiniti G35. I just never bonded with that one, and I drove it for nearly 5 years. But this one, this one is especially tough to say goodbye to. My first car purchased sight unseen, all electric, never even sat in one and spent nearly $90k for it... On the INTERNET? who DOES that? A lot of people on this forum, that's who! I gained way more than an awesome ride, I have some very good friends now from TMC, some local, some not. I became part of something big and important, and while I initially just wanted the coolest car on the planet, I became an advocate for the planet more.

There WILL be tears when I leave her behind, as dumb as that may be. They might have to pry my hands from her steering wheel and drag me out. It WILL be embarrassing for everyone who will witness it, but not for me. I'm not ashamed of my love for her. So yes, raise a glass to her. And raise a glass to whoever buys her, she's got some miles on her but she's still beautiful and has many years left in her.

- - - Updated - - -

You were right behind me on taking delivery in 2013, then! I was struggling with an incredible amount of stress at work at the time, so having this car on order to look forward to kept me sane, in an insane way. I don't know how I would have gotten through that time without it, just another reason it's so hard to say goodbye. But I'm still gonna do it, because... autopilot. Lol. Congrats on your trade up, do you miss the full frunk at all?

Actually, do miss the full frunk but only used it occasionally so the pain is not too great. Love the autopilot functionality and 2 motors, though . . .

Sounds like an idea for a get together (with video, of course) of the local "gang" when you take delivery! I might even be able to rustle up a few bottles of wine.

Sounds like an idea for a get together (with video, of course) of the local "gang" when you take delivery! I might even be able to rustle up a few bottles of wine.