Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn Nyland (Teslabjørn) has been testing my Raven MXLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First test was 90 km/h and 120 km/h consumption tests, there will also be a 1000 km challenge coming (there was a live stream today).
Not sure if this is interesting for you guys but anyway, here is the video of the first test:

Personally I enjoy these tests and it was quite fun to have my own car participate.

The bugs though.. I have a big cleaning job ahead of me tomorrow! :)

Edit: Crap, I forgot to put in the topic that it's a "Raven" or model x with adaptive suspension and upgraded drive train.

Thanks for lending him the car. The X LR Raven is an amazing piece of engineering. Don't know how you could part with it...

I think if you change the rims to these, it will make your car look fantastic:

Tesla Model X Aftermarket 20 inch Tesla Wheels

You can keep your tyres, caps, TPMS...etc, transfer to the new rims. And sell your old rims to any Model X owner that is fed up buying new 22" tyres...

Yeah, the rims are mostly for efficiency, if I wanted nicer looking I'd have gone with the black 22" :)
Maybe I'll tire of them in a year or so and change, so thanks for the link!

First test was 90 km/h and 120 km/h consumption tests, there will also be a 1000 km challenge coming (there was a live stream today).
Not sure if this is interesting for you guys but anyway, here is the video of the first test:

Personally I enjoy these tests and it was quite fun to have my own car participate.

The bugs though.. I have a big cleaning job ahead of me tomorrow! :)

Edit: Crap, I forgot to put in the topic that it's a "Raven" or model x with adaptive suspension and upgraded drive train.
I watched his video before your post. Thanks for your generosity for lending him the car. Loved his down to earth style reviews and learned a lot from his videos.
Sheeeet. lol.

Reactions: tyfon and X Fan
Not sure if this is interesting for you guys but anyway, here is the video of the first test
For those who don’t want to sit through the video...does it include energy usage numbers? (Wh/km, in this case)

For those who don’t want to sit through the video...does it include energy usage numbers? (Wh/km, in this case)

Yes,

90 km/h (56 mph): 177 Wh/km (285 Wh/miles), range about 520 km (~320 miles)
120 km/t (75 mph): 229 Wh/km (368 Wh/miles), range about 400 km (~250 miles)

But you should see the video and comment on my cream! :)
Edit: also to see how it compares to other cars, he has some nice tables with stats

Last edited:
ENtKyNJ.jpg

ZZgEfoP.jpg

Reactions: gangzoom and 5JMJ
Bjorn showed a 75D X had an efficiency of 199Wh/KM on the slow run in winter at 7 degrees C. So it appears the Raven LR X is on par woth the older 75D cars on efficiency, but given the larger battery pack = significantly more range.

Also shows why efficiency is important as Tesla can get similar range out of a larger 75D X as other EVs with a much larger pack.

The Raven numbers are impressive for a 6000 pound beast with huge frontal area. Tesla engineers really know how to get a lot of range from a kilowatt.

At 120 km/h it has about the same efficiency as my 2015 e-up or a leaf. It's also comparable to an e-tron doing 90 km/h so it is indeed insane numbers.

I just returned home from picking up my wife, two daughters and two friends of the daughter in in town and I was reminded of how practical this thing is too and there was much laughter in the car with the "Emission testing mode" and four young girls. I can't recommend it enough if one has a family.

Those are some nice numbers... I have a 2016 X 90D with ~36k miles that used ~14MWh for an average of 401 Wh/mile during the life of the car. That is with lots of long highway trips while fully loaded up with kids and their stuff. This past three months I averaged 375 WH/mile. Only times I see sub 300 on a trip is going down hill.