Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bjorn, this Griots product, when applied leaves a sort of haze on the area that you apply it to. This haze washes off with the most (not all) of the bugs, kind of like a soap haze if you will.

I do not know how sensitive you are with the haze being there from a "looks" stand point. Most of the early negative reviews of the product, (there are a few) deal with the fact that the product does leave a haze on the surfaces to which it is applied. I suspect that on light colored surfaces this is not an issue. I think that Griot's never mentioned the haze aspect in their early product description but they do now.

More importantly, your front air intakes are probably pretty well coated with the bug bodies as well. How are you planning on dealing with removing them? After a period of time, the residue can clog air flow I suspect.

This is reminding me of Caddy Shack....

Bjorn--Pete (who is the principal at abstractocean) is active on TMC and might be able to advise you on tricks to remove the stubborn lamps in the liftgate and front foot wells. Also note that he has red ones to replace the red warning lights on the back of the doors (works on all 4 doors on the S, not sure about the FWD on your X).