Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations Bjørn and thank you for another video.

No surprise the door handles didn't self extend after 27 days. The car stops to scan its vicinity for the key fob after 24h. But pressing the door handle woke up the car.

Thanks for the new video Bjorn! Congratulations on your wedding and your very lovely wife!
It does seem like your car behaved as Tesla planned it. Vastly improved on the vampire load compared to a year ago.

Nice, a new video. At first when the handles didn't work, I was worried if your 12V battery was dead. Although 20% is not bad for a month, I think they will keep improving the vampire drain.
Yes, that's what I was also worried about. I think they can never make the drain as low as other EVs on the market today. After all, only Tesla offers the connectivity, right? And that including updates cost some power to maintain.

Fantastically informative video, Bjorn. Thanks for posting. I loved the quick, but detailed, view of your Thailand trip.

Congratulations on your marriage.
Thank you :)

Congrats on your marriage Bjorn! :biggrin:

Very cool, you even managed to make an interesting Tesla video based on not driving it for a month! Also loved the Thailand shots and sorry for being so demanding :)
You're not demanding at all. Let's face it, first I gave you guys three nice and long videos. Then I went away for a whole month. I will keep producing lots of videos this year. There are so many plans I have in store, including driving the Green Highway between Norway and Sweden (this weekend), driving to North Cape, Europe road trip from Oslo to Rome via Nürburgring and more trips around Norway in spring and summer.

Welcome back Bjorn and congrats on the nuptials. Looking forward to new videos.
Larry

Congratulations Bjørn and thank you for another video.

No surprise the door handles didn't self extend after 27 days. The car stops to scan its vicinity for the key fob after 24h. But pressing the door handle woke up the car.
Yes, that's right. After 24 hours, auto present door handles will be temporarily disabled.

Thanks for the new video Bjorn! Congratulations on your wedding and your very lovely wife!
It does seem like your car behaved as Tesla planned it. Vastly improved on the vampire load compared to a year ago.
It must have been really bad one year ago, huh? Did it not have deep sleep mode back then? Given today's drain, I wouldn't complain like I heard many people do.

Yikes! These things are addictive. Thanks for taking the time to do these, it's appreciated the world over. When does the wife get to drive the Tesla???
We applied for family immigration and 7-day visa (D-visa) when I was in Thailand. The waiting time for family immigration is up to 6 months. But if we get D-visa approved in about 3 weeks from now, she can come to Norway and wait here for family immigration.

As soon as she gets to Norway, I'll let her try the Tesla :D

Just a tiny, small complaint: can you produce these videos at 30 FPS instead of 25? Most of us are viewing them on 60hz monitors, which means at 25 FPS, some frames are shown twice and others 3 times, creating a noticeable judder. 30 FPS would be silky smooth.

That's all, love them otherwise :)

First, congratulations.

Secondly. You have a minor noise in your car that I also have with mine. I had service look into this once, but they could not reproduce it. I even showed it to some folks at Tesla live. Actually it showed it to them when I was driving them through the hills. I get that sometimes loud static sounding noise. Seems to happen more for me in curves and near power lines but not sure. You had this twice in your video at 0:15 and at 3:57. Anyone else experience this? Any clues?

Thirdly. In Thailand you and your wife set off a lighted lampshade into the sky. What exactly is this tradition?

First, congratulations.

Secondly. You have a minor noise in your car that I also have with mine. I had service look into this once, but they could not reproduce it. I even showed it to some folks at Tesla live. Actually it showed it to them when I was driving them through the hills. I get that sometimes loud static sounding noise. Seems to happen more for me in curves and near power lines but not sure. You had this twice in your video at 0:15 and at 3:57. Anyone else experience this? Any clues?
I haven't reviewed the specific time points but I've noticed in a couple of Bjorn's videos that he gets the noise from a Mobile phone that can create interference in audio systems. It might even be the mobile phone affecting the camera rather than creating the noise in the car. While the noise is definitely familiar to me, I don't usually hear it in a car as I assume that most inputs and antennas are appropriately shielded or distanced from the mobile phone. Not sure if this means there is something wrong with the car.

I have wondered too if this was somehow related to the mobile phone. I sometimes listen to recordings on the phone through bluetooth but have not found a correlation between when I am and not and the noise. I do have an older iphone4 that at times is flaky. Bjorn's noise is the same noise I get. I don't have a video camera or other devices in my car. I have had a few times where I had to reboot both the car and the phone because sometimes the bluetooth connection gets lost.

I haven't reviewed the specific time points but I've noticed in a couple of Bjorn's videos that he gets the noise from a Mobile phone that can create interference in audio systems. It might even be the mobile phone affecting the camera rather than creating the noise in the car. While the noise is definitely familiar to me, I don't usually hear it in a car as I assume that most inputs and antennas are appropriately shielded or distanced from the mobile phone. Not sure if this means there is something wrong with the car.

I look forward to the screaming laugh
:D
I will record a video the first time she steps on the throttle :D

Just a tiny, small complaint: can you produce these videos at 30 FPS instead of 25? Most of us are viewing them on 60hz monitors, which means at 25 FPS, some frames are shown twice and others 3 times, creating a noticeable judder. 30 FPS would be silky smooth.

That's all, love them otherwise :)
Unfortunately, my Canon HF-G10 can only shoot 50i and 25p. And because I'm a hardcore videographer, I swear to 25p :)

That's crazy, it was -5C *inside* the garage?!?!
I would have left my car plugged in somewhere, anywhere if it were that cold for the duration.
The whole point of that test was to see how much the battery was drained without power plugged in. Besides, the UMC will cause the 12 V system to go low on battery if left plugged too long after charging was complete.

First, congratulations.

Thirdly. In Thailand you and your wife set off a lighted lampshade into the sky. What exactly is this tradition?

That noise is typical for GSM. It's most likely from my Samsung S2. In my previous videos, you hear the exact same noise:
Preikestolen 2013 andre tur med ett oppdrag fra Easybring - YouTube

First I suspected Bluetooth for causing the noise. But on the vampire drain video at the end, I didn't have Bluetooth switched on. I think it's just caused by my cellphone sending and receiving 3G data. And this signal is easily picked up by the external DM-100 microphone that I have used on all my recordings.

Edit: The tradition is to make a wish right before letting go of the lamp. And if it flies high, your wishes will come true. Other than that, I don't know much. After all, I grew up in Norway :p

I have wondered too if this was somehow related to the mobile phone. I sometimes listen to recordings on the phone through bluetooth but have not found a correlation between when I am and not and the noise. I do have an older iphone4 that at times is flaky. Bjorn's noise is the same noise I get. I don't have a video camera or other devices in my car. I have had a few times where I had to reboot both the car and the phone because sometimes the bluetooth connection gets lost.

Put your cell next to a set of speakers (car, computer, home theater) and then give it a ring... you should be able to reproduce it. I get this same sound right before someone calls if I leave my phone on my desk close to the computer speakers.

I realize producing and editing these videos is quite time consuming, so I appreciate your work to make these high quality videos. As for posting links... if you stop posting them here, I am sure someone will check Facebook and repost them here (and elsewhere), but it may be a bit delayed.