Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks ch_model_s.

According to typical range of 205wh/km, 205wh/km x 348km = 71,34kwh

and 90% charge of 85kwh = 76.5kwh

Am I missing something? Or is typical range based on 220wh/km? in which case 90% charge which equals to 76.5kwh would give 348km of typical range.
That seems way off of the 502km rated by NEDC, what am I missing?

Thanks

Model%20S%20Batterie.png

As you can see the car uses only 75.9kWh for the 100% charge. To get the typical range with our model s here in Switzerland, we need an energy consumption around 205Wh/km – but you are right, the numbers don't work... ,we don't know on which capacity this numbers are calculated
but the typical range is much more realistic. its 341-349km for a 90% charge and 389-400km for a 100% charge. you have to drive around 105km/h in winter to get this range. so it's more realistic than the rated range which shows around 490km for a 100% charge.
and BTW forget the NEDC numbers – they are not achievable with every EV on the market.

Last edited:
Lastly, noticed for most of the video you were wearing long sleeves - guess you only do that when it is colder than -15C! :) Jim
I always wear t-shirt. I was wearing long sleeves that trip because I was recovering from a sore throat. I still have an infection I think. It's been almost 3 weeks now. If it doesn't improve on Monday I have to see the doctor again and get antibiotics.

Norway's scenery is just awesome, I love your drives during daytime... And thanks to your great videos, I was recently inspired to search for more Norway videos. I stumbled upon and actually watched yesterday a documentary called a Norway Passage from PBS, about Nordnorge ship and the live tv show from 2011, about the one-week cruise along Norway's coast.... The scenery is just breathtaking... Norway is such a beautiful country!

Take care and keep'em coming!

J.
I'm going to show more of beautiful Norway as the months come and the days get longer :)

Regarding 3G interference: It seems to be particularly bad when the cell phone is placed below the 17" screen. By putting it elsewhere -- e.g., in your pants or in the cup holders or even in the center space but next to the arm rests rather than in or under the cubby -- you may be able to completely eliminate the interference sound, at least from the car. Of course, if the interference is with the camera rather than with the car, these tricks probably don't make any difference.
I heard GSM noise in my speakers today. When I looked at my phone, it was using EDGE. After switching the phone on flight mode, the noise disappeared. I therefore have a strong reason to believe that my phone is causing the noise. I will try to move the phone around a bit.

Hi Bjorn,
Try gluing Coreflute plastic to the upper surface of your insulation material to prevent it from sagging.
I would cut a piece about 50-70 mm smaller than the pano roof opening to allow you to tuck the insulation in.
Coreflute is used for sign making and is often available free after an election as many politicians use for their "vote for me" signs.
Thank you for the tip. As for now, the foam stays up by itself. It sags down a bit, but it's not a big deal at all :)

Thank you for that illustration! It explains better than 1000 words.

I have been playing with my phone and the noise also. When I do have it in airport mode, I don't get the noise.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I know have two places to test this: one particular road and secondly my garage. I'm going to try putting the phone in the door slot thing for a week. There just aren't that many great places for the phone. My cup holders always have reusable water bottles in them.

I heard GSM noise in my speakers today. When I looked at my phone, it was using EDGE. After switching the phone on flight mode, the noise disappeared. I therefore have a strong reason to believe that my phone is causing the noise. I will try to move the phone around a bit.

Bjorn, if you ever get the chance, I would love to see what you could do with a video of your Model S making the trip over the famous bridges at the Atlantic Road (Atlanterhavsveien), especially if the ocean is very stormy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Video #5 is out! I am too lazy to post the video now. You can find it on my Youtube page or if you subscribe ;) This time I tried making a really long video. There was so much content there that I didn't want to leave out, such as the interview with Sønnico.

Video #5 is out! I am too lazy to post the video now. You can find it on my Youtube page or if you subscribe ;) This time I tried making a really long video. There was so much content there that I didn't want to leave out, such as the interview with Sønnico.

Cool, thanks! Here is the link to youtube:

Last edited by a moderator: