Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BJ69 Regnumber Anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collect from birmingham today. Lots of BN69s

that'll be a relief for some people :). for now....
Every dealer in the Birmingham region will have a set of numbers allocated by the DVLA that is theirs this could be anything from few dozen to a few hundred numbers depending on the size and throughput of the dealer. When their set runs low they request additional numbers electronically from DVLA. The fact that BJ numbers have started to be issued means that the latest numbers being handed out by DVLA are BJ and once that starts the next many thousands of numbers issued will all be BJ69.
BUT
Individual dealers will still have older numbers in their pools and could continue to hand out non BJ numbers for weeks or months even. BN does not even precede BJ. it goes BN, BK, BJ. So Tesla has probably had those BN numbers in their set for a while.
But whenever they request new numbers now what they will get will all be BJ's until the BJ's run out, and that could be a few weeks or more.

Just got my Birmingham reg: for Thursday collection, i'm a BG69..... getting closer.....
It's not alphabetical. BG is the prefix that follows BJ. so maybe the risk is now passed. Due to the large sets that dealers have just because there are now BG's out there does not 100% mean the BJ threat is passed but it is a good sign. Either that or DVLA has quietly withdrawn them.

It's not alphabetical. BG is the prefix that follows BJ. so maybe the risk is now passed. Due to the large sets that dealers have just because there are now BG's out there does not 100% mean the BJ threat is passed but it is a good sign. Either that or DVLA has quietly withdrawn them.

This is reassuring. Although I’d almost convinced myself that the comedy value was worth it. Almost.

My confirmation email showed a BJ69 reg, and said the car would be registered the day before collection - so I replied and asked if there's any chance of a different reg. Jagz in the Tesla delivery team was really helpful, and I've now got BG69 instead :)