Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjorn gets the official Tesla CCS/2 adapter for his 2013 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in no hurry for the US. Coming from the CCS world in our last EV the ccs providers have software issues, sometimes it’s the car, the payment system, occupancy updates, and so on.

It might help in coverage gap areas, ‘might’ would be the operative word.
I agree but for about $300 I’d add that to my road trip charging gear. It would be a great back up to SuperChargers. And it’s so much smaller than the CHADEMO adapter.

I’m in no hurry for the US. Coming from the CCS world in our last EV the ccs providers have software issues, sometimes it’s the car, the payment system, occupancy updates, and so on.

There are plenty of off interstate rural sites that have CCS. These sites also usually have one Chademo, but its more likely to be not working or in use. Tesla CCS support is overdue for North America.

Imagine wanting fewer charging options instead of more... there are plenty of places in Canada I would absolutely need a CHAdeMO adaptor for. I would much rather buy a CCS 2 adaptor, but Tesla has been dragging their heels.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
A CCS2 adapter is useless in the US because that’s a EU standard. The North American standard is CCS1.

IMO CCS standard plugs are needlessly large and heavy and if there is a standard it should be the Tesla one. But I digress, it would be nice if Tesla can come out with a CCS1 in North America so we can DC fast charge at 3rd party stations in addition to the super chargers.