Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjorn's Model 3 Hot Footwells [poll]

Do you have an issue with the footwell temperature on your pre facelift 2019/20 Model 3 ?

• Overheated footwell(s)

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Cold footwell(s)

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No issues with footwell temperature

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

TheManofMead

Mar 3, 2020
Cheshire
Anyone else suffer from this issue?

As you will see the footwells can get as hot as 50 degrees C or more.

Not noticed it on my M3P, but a disturbingly large number of people in the comments on his YT video suggest this is fairly common. Going to try to check it out on our Model 3. Link to Bjorn's video below:

Reactions: exlatccatsa

Glan gluaisne

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Sep 11, 2019
UK
I've noticed the opposite, occasional blasts of cold air at foot level, with the heater on. Never noticed excessively hot air down there, TBH.

nxsynjs

Jul 5, 2020
UK
Wasn't the video about the 21 refresh model? I assumed it was excess heat from the heat pump radiating into the foot well?

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
Anyone else suffer from this issue?

As you will see the footwells can get as hot as 50 degrees C or more.

Not noticed it on my M3P, but a disturbingly large number of people in the comments on his YT video suggest this is fairly common. Going to try to check it out on our Model 3. Link to Bjorn's video below:

I was wondering about this too!! Lots of people complaining bitterly about hot feet. I've not noticed this at all and it surely would have come up before on this forum. Is it a LHD/RHD issue? Are our passengers getting hot feet?

NewbieT

Aug 16, 2019
North West
I’ve had it before two or three times in a 2019. Usually on long journeys / before/after Supercharging. I just assumed it was the car dumping heat. Wasn’t a ‘problem’ but it was noticed.

exlatccatsa

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2020
Kemnay
I had a thread about it a few months back. I ended up putting a baffle in front of the left hand vent, held on with a cable tie, just divert the hot air away from my toes and upper left foot.

adsheff

Sep 9, 2019
UK
Mine doesn't do this, but I would love it if it did! A foot warmer combined with the seat heaters would negate the need for me to use AC heat at all

Traguar

Jan 20, 2020
London
Mine does this - but only after and hour or so of driving, all seems fine until then. And no, this kind of heat in the footwell is unpleasant and needs sorting.

• Disagree
Reactions: adsheff

exlatccatsa

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2020
Kemnay
Perhaps the OP could open a poll to see how widespread this is?
I had originally thought it was my foot that was the problem having has a fasciotomy on my leg a few years ago and now have no or wierd feelings on top of my foot from toes up my shin. Relieved to find out its not just me.

TheManofMead

Mar 3, 2020
Cheshire
I’ve had it before two or three times in a 2019. Usually on long journeys / before/after Supercharging. I just assumed it was the car dumping heat. Wasn’t a ‘problem’ but it was noticed.
Given your experience I'm wondering whether its an issue in connection with heating the battery on the way to the Supercharger. In addition you have maybe noticed the heat after departing Supercharger (but it was possibly already there prior to arrival).

This would fit with Bjorn in a very cold country and maybe in his case the battery pack is so cold then the heating of the pack is kicking in and causing the same issue. But hey I'm just speculating!

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
Note for people who don't want to bother to watch through the whole video, in 9:45 he does mentioned someone in forums that mentioned issue had Tesla fix the issue by replacing a temp sensor.

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
Note for people who don't want to bother to watch through the whole video, in 9:45 he does mentioned someone in forums that mentioned issue had Tesla fix the issue by replacing a temp sensor.

Of course, he doesn't know what sensor was replaced. So until someone gets the details it isn't very helpful.

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
Being an old git, I’d be happy to have hot feet.
More by luck than judgement, I seem to have the settings right.
feet and legs are warm but not too warm!

Reactions: adsheff

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC