Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjorn's Model 3 Hot Footwells [poll]

Do you have an issue with the footwell temperature on your pre facelift 2019/20 Model 3 ?

• Overheated footwell(s)

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Cold footwell(s)

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No issues with footwell temperature

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else suffer from this issue?

As you will see the footwells can get as hot as 50 degrees C or more.

Not noticed it on my M3P, but a disturbingly large number of people in the comments on his YT video suggest this is fairly common. Going to try to check it out on our Model 3. Link to Bjorn's video below:

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Anyone else suffer from this issue?

As you will see the footwells can get as hot as 50 degrees C or more.

Not noticed it on my M3P, but a disturbingly large number of people in the comments on his YT video suggest this is fairly common. Going to try to check it out on our Model 3. Link to Bjorn's video below:

I was wondering about this too!! Lots of people complaining bitterly about hot feet. I've not noticed this at all and it surely would have come up before on this forum. Is it a LHD/RHD issue? Are our passengers getting hot feet?

Perhaps the OP could open a poll to see how widespread this is?
I had originally thought it was my foot that was the problem having has a fasciotomy on my leg a few years ago and now have no or wierd feelings on top of my foot from toes up my shin. Relieved to find out its not just me.

I’ve had it before two or three times in a 2019. Usually on long journeys / before/after Supercharging. I just assumed it was the car dumping heat. Wasn’t a ‘problem’ but it was noticed.
Given your experience I'm wondering whether its an issue in connection with heating the battery on the way to the Supercharger. In addition you have maybe noticed the heat after departing Supercharger (but it was possibly already there prior to arrival).

This would fit with Bjorn in a very cold country and maybe in his case the battery pack is so cold then the heating of the pack is kicking in and causing the same issue. But hey I'm just speculating!