Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black and White Premium Ventilated Seats are back -- P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 12/16 90D has ventilated/heated seats... i saw some thread knocking the power of them, but they seem to suck enough air to cool my you know what’s, so no sweaty crotch... heard they canceled them but I think this is great feature! From what I have learned from Tesla is they prob totally reworked them for in house design, or found some old extras laying around and figured why throw em out....

My kids and wife have spilled go-gurt on my previous X with black ventilated seats. It was a horrible mess that I was never able to get cleaned.

My wife is beautiful and the mother of our child but go-gurt in the seats...that will give me nightmares. She cannot have ventilated seats.

I will get a P100D in Oct - so that means she cannot drive my P100D - the list keeps growing :)

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I have a MX P100D from early 2017 in the UK and was disappointed when I took delivery and saw it had perforated seats. The ventilation isn’t great and pre-conditioning deals with hot car issues. I have done 35K miles and already have a small tear which my service centre refuse to accept is due to the poor material quality despite never having a car seat tear in the past and the design being discontinued. Unless significant improvements have been made the ventilation advantage is far out weighed by the disadvantage of weak material.

Received my X P100D on Friday 6/22. I used the ventilated seats on the car ride back home. It was in the 90's and I definitely felt a difference with them on. Basically, what my OA told me about the seats is true.
  • The perforations are only in the middle of the seats and not on the side bolsters.
  • The perforation (hole) design has been totally reworked (according to OA). New design pictures below.
  • The 2nd and 3rd rows will also have perforations to match the fronts, but with no air flow mechanism.
  • The design draws (sucks) heat away. Two other people could also feel the difference.
IMG_4779.JPG
IMG_4780.JPG
IMG_4781.JPG
IMG_4782.JPG
IMG_4783.JPG