Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black and White Ventilated Premium seats - P100D only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also for the Model X P100D

upload_2018-5-17_23-35-17.png

upload_2018-5-17_23-35-32.png

It's so disappointing how they are limiting the interior choices for those who prefer a light interior and want a P100D.

While I prefer the cream seats, I don't mind the white seats but I really dislike the fact that you are then stuck with essentially a black wood trim, and black lower panels for the interior.

I get it that a bunch of people like black interiors but there are a bunch of us who prefer a lighter colored interior...

Wish they would allow customers buying their top spec flagship P100D sedan the same interior options as someone buying a 75D. o_O

I post about this too often. Tesla PLEASE give us a warning, hint, rumor, tweet about major changes!! This kind of willy-nilly midstream change will push buyers away...I am chomping at the bit to buy a new P100, but my P90dl is awesome and until I know what I am about to miss, I will wait on the sidelines. Fanboys will harp on the "be happy what you ordered," but most people are annoyed when something cool is added or comes out a month after you spend over $150k on car that is "outdated". No one new of the new nose, MCU, interior, wheels, seats, autopilot hardware, etc. Can anyone tell me FOR SURE that they are not going to do a full refresh in the next 6 months? Every other car company develops a cycle. Even Apple gives us a pattern...

Reactions: logan
The new ventilated seats are different from the previous version. The old ones had perforations on the side bolsters which the new ones doesn't. This will probably make them more durable. Hope that they also give the ventilation a boost, because the effect was rather weak in the old version.

Now I'm just waiting for the new rear update for the Model S and I'll order a P100D. I think the Model S rear look a bit dated with the old school dotted LED break- and back lights.

I post about this too often. Tesla PLEASE give us a warning, hint, rumor, tweet about major changes!! This kind of willy-nilly midstream change will push buyers away...I am chomping at the bit to buy a new P100, but my P90dl is awesome and until I know what I am about to miss, I will wait on the sidelines. Fanboys will harp on the "be happy what you ordered," but most people are annoyed when something cool is added or comes out a month after you spend over $150k on car that is "outdated". No one new of the new nose, MCU, interior, wheels, seats, autopilot hardware, etc. Can anyone tell me FOR SURE that they are not going to do a full refresh in the next 6 months? Every other car company develops a cycle. Even Apple gives us a pattern...

Absolutely agreed. The fact I had to call my DS twice in a two week period to inquire about the graphite trim and the ventilated seats is absurd. Anytime someone says “just enjoy what you got!” is insanely annoying. Even if Tesla just had two scheduled updates a year I’d be happy with that. Not to mention how annoying it is for used car buyers.

Reactions: NovaWood
The new ventilated seats are different from the previous version. The old ones had perforations on the side bolsters which the new ones doesn't. This will probably make them more durable. Hope that they also give the ventilation a boost, because the effect was rather weak in the old version.

I have the old ventilated seats on my 2016 S90D. The ventilation was weak because the seats sucked air instead of blew air. All Tesla needed to do is reverse the positive and negative leads going to the fan motor but they fixed it by not selling it and not making any changes for the owners that purchased it. Tesla is the only car manufacturer that I am aware of the where the seats suck.

I agree that having only two options is terrible. I don't mind the new seats, but why cant I pick the color of the headliner. I much prefer the light headliner with the black seats

Someone who is spending that much on the car should be able to configure the interior to their liking.

I've already have written to Tesla and complained about this fact. Hopefully will fix it and give us back choice in the interior colors for their flagship car.