Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black badges > Chrome Badges (Photos)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The chrome badges look terrible especially since the rest of the trim on the car is black. Just wanted to share some photos of my results. 🙂 I plastidipped the Tesla emblems and bought the black dual motor badge from Abstract Ocean. Also picked up a black aluminum license plate frame on Amazon as well because chrome plate frames are also gross. 😅

DSC01500-Edit.jpg
DSC01501-Edit.jpg
DSC01504-Edit.jpg
DSC01509-Edit.jpg
DSC01512-Edit.jpg
IMG_0074.jpeg
IMG_0073.jpeg
IMG_0072.jpeg
IMG_0066.jpeg

The chrome badges look terrible especially since the rest of the trim on the car is black. Just wanted to share some photos of my results. 🙂 I plastidipped the Tesla emblems and bought the black dual motor badge from Abstract Ocean. Also picked up a black aluminum license plate frame on Amazon as well because chrome plate frames are also gross. 😅

View attachment 672072View attachment 672077View attachment 672078View attachment 672079View attachment 672080View attachment 672081View attachment 672082View attachment 672083View attachment 672084
looks great! if I pressure wash my car, could plastidip withstand it?

I had my car PPF and ceramic coated when I first got it. The shop did chrome delete on my front badge and removed the dual motor badge off the back. I later replaced the dual motor badge with a black one as well. My license plate cover is carbon fiber so I have no chrome on my car as well. My front badge has held up as my car is just at 1 year old.

Reactions: radiantm3
Looks nice but I actually prefer the look of chrome. I kinda wish my car had chrome trim and door handles instead of black. In my opinion chrome looks classic and timeless while the current trend of blacking everything out is exactly that a trend.

Reactions: iamnid
ah plasti dip.

They also have it with glossifier so you can make it glossy

Overspray gets everywhere so make sure you tape it off well enough but overall its SUPER easy and it covers the ENTIRE logo so there's no chrome showing unlike a sticker.

I will say it stands up to pressure washing and anything as long as you spray it correctly in different angles with multiple coats

View attachment 672072View attachment 672077View attachment 672078View attachment 672079View attachment 672080View attachment 672081View attachment 672082View attachment 672083View attachment 672084
Looks great. Do you have the link for the plastidip used? Want to make sure I don't get wrong one. How many coats did you apply and how long did you wait for before applying each coat? Thanks!!