Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Beauty, damaged.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've shared this extensively on FB Motherfrunkers and might as well go here to tell my quick story:
2013 P85
IMG_0233.JPG

Monday 11/14/16 @8:00AM, I was hit from behind at low speed at a stop light. Enjoy the dashcam vid, rear camera off; see the damage from getting pushing into the back of a Chevy traverse.

First I am ok, second, this is our long distance car and a major inconvenience.

Initial estimate came in today at $16.8k; and SF Ins will be out tomorrow to confirm estimate. Of course we expect a revised number up, and still maybe approach being totaled, not sure.

I am surprised to see a damage like this costs $16.8k+ and is in the range of being totaled. It's just empty spaces in the front. Can't really tell the damage in the back other than a dented license plate / bumper.

I am surprised to see a damage like this costs $16.8k+ and is in the range of being totaled. It's just empty spaces in the front. Can't really tell the damage in the back other than a dented license plate / bumper.

Exactly, about $8k in parts, $7k in labor and change in tax, its preliminary and will go up once the lift gate and covers/fenders come off

We'll see what insurance says

• Disagree
Reactions: Reekdog
Exactly, about $8k in parts, $7k in labor and change in tax, its preliminary and will go up once the lift gate and covers/fenders come off

We'll see what insurance says
I've got a 4 page estimate "preliminary" mostly because it's both front and back damage. Not posting the line items unless/until all the dust settles.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 10.00.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 10.00.05 AM.png
    50 KB · Views: 167
Thanks for that. I have no experience with Tesla and insurance claim, but does the insurance company even pay those labor rates? They have their own adjuster doing the estimates and the labor rate is dictated by their standards as I've seen many of those estimates from insurance adjusters before.

I guess I shouldn't be so angry at the ding in my door by the inconsiderate AS*(^&*% i!!! I usually park away from others but the one quick store run and now every time I walk up to my car I see that ding. Angry every time I look at it!! But small potatoes to this and a worry we all have. Sorry to hear you got hit so hard. Fixing these cars can be frustrating.

Thanks for that. I have no experience with Tesla and insurance claim, but does the insurance company even pay those labor rates? They have their own adjuster doing the estimates and the labor rate is dictated by their standards as I've seen many of those estimates from insurance adjusters before.

Insurance companies do pay these rates, because they understand that Tesla voids the car's warranty if it is not repaired at a Tesla Authorized Body Shop. They are one of the few companies that have the insurance companies by the balls.

"Paint" only damage to our grey car was $3800, and the "insurance authorized body shop" looked at the car and said "nope, it's a Tesla, we won't even write that up."

No airbag deployed. Front is basically repairable, just a concern as the trunk deck didn't separate, and given everything bolts to the back body panel, if that is bent, that must be replaced as well: <$2500 addtional for the part, but the labor is somewhere north of (9 or 19 hours) i forget, so verbally the body shop thinks not more than $25K to fix.

Not much hope from State Farm, as they've fallen silent and won't give me estimators name/number. So I'm relying on the body shop to relay progress now.

Yes, the traverse had some damage, as does the Ford behind me, but it seems the creme in the center of the oreo car sandwich took the brunt of damage.

I've shared this extensively on FB Motherfrunkers and might as well go here to tell my quick story:
2013 P85
View attachment 202590
Monday 11/14/16 @8:00AM, I was hit from behind at low speed at a stop light. Enjoy the dashcam vid, rear camera off; see the damage from getting pushing into the back of a Chevy traverse.

First I am ok, second, this is our long distance car and a major inconvenience.

Initial estimate came in today at $16.8k; and SF Ins will be out tomorrow to confirm estimate. Of course we expect a revised number up, and still maybe approach being totaled, not sure.

Bummer dude!:(

Maybe front and rear forcefield in 8.1;)

Reactions: EVie'sDad