Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Beauty, damaged.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Insurance estimate identical to the body shop; repair work authorized.

Prelim is $16.8k, expected to go up to $25k worst case.

Good to know I am having y car fixed where Elon takes his and the factory sends for repairs.

Got to try something off the wall and see if they can add RFS during the fix. The shop is right near the factory.

Dashcam vid is awesome, it shows you at a complete stop then the hit from behind, then hit the car in front of you.

Without that evidence you'd be anywhere from 50 - 100% responsible for hitting the car ahead of you.

Ford could have claimed you panic stopped, you hit the Chevy, then he hit you. In that order. Big difference.

Reactions: seclinton
seclinton,

That area of Jarvis is coming from a 45 mph area, and then comes to the stop light just before crossing Lido into a 35 mph zone. So many people speed along these roads and are even staring at their cell phones while doing it! Sorry to see the carnage that inattentive driver caused you and the other driver. Hope things work out for the better and glad to hear you were not hurt.

seclinton,

That area of Jarvis is coming from a 45 mph area, and then comes to the stop light just before crossing Lido into a 35 mph zone. So many people speed along these roads and are even staring at their cell phones while doing it! Sorry to see the carnage that inattentive driver caused you and the other driver. Hope things work out for the better and glad to hear you were not hurt.

Wow you nailed it right on the head. The Nextdoor App also has people complaining about sideshows going on at Dumbarton circle. I always threat to drive over and dashcam record them, and could chase them with my 472HP baby.

Dashcam vid is awesome, it shows you at a complete stop then the hit from behind, then hit the car in front of you.

Without that evidence you'd be anywhere from 50 - 100% responsible for hitting the car ahead of you.

Ford could have claimed you panic stopped, you hit the Chevy, then he hit you. In that order. Big difference.

Totally correct. All three of us have statements and I remember being asked was it one hit or more than 1. The officer was trying to figure out if I was at fault. He lit up when I showed him the dashcam and was able to email it to the police. I have an email response pending the final report that my video matched statements from the scene, so I'm all good.

Also helped the truth serum when I informed both drivers I had dashcam footage for this very reason.

Best add in investment for the Tesla hands down.

Glad you're ok first and foremost.

Also helped the truth serum when I informed both drivers I had dashcam footage for this very reason.

Best add in investment for the Tesla hands down.

Second, as I wait for my X, along with getting quotes for a nema 14-50 installation, I'm going to start looking around for someone who knows how to install a blackvue.

Thanks for the kind words and concern, really

As for the camera, You can install it yourself. I did it DIY, only broke 2 clips (get the replacement Toyota ones, they are the same) snaking a little bit of cable, popping off a few rear hatch panels and finding that spare connector in the overhead lights in the front. Also had to pop off the mirror surround.

Hardest part is threading the rear camera cable through the hatch boot for that clean look. Now the connector is straight, on my version it's the 90 degree angle connector; be patient and work it (ala missy Elliot)

Reactions: Ormond
I am surprised to see a damage like this costs $16.8k+ and is in the range of being totaled. It's just empty spaces in the front. Can't really tell the damage in the back other than a dented license plate / bumper.

I know it is difficult to believe, but I do. Can you believe the photo of my beauty below was $10k to repair? (Bumper, AC condenser, radiator mount, body work, paint, labor + more)

OP, I'm really sorry for your loss. :(

Andy

Attachments

• 20160713_090452.jpg
    20160713_090452.jpg
    688.2 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: DiamondHands
Insurance estimate identical to the body shop; repair work authorized.

Prelim is $16.8k, expected to go up to $25k worst case.

Good to know I am having y car fixed where Elon takes his and the factory sends for repairs.

Got to try something off the wall and see if they can add RFS during the fix. The shop is right near the factory.
Can you tell us which body shop you are using?

Can you tell us which body shop you are using?

Brooks Motors of Fremont. Right near the factory since I live just about 6 miles away

Really nice people and it's been all phone between us so far. They sent a tow when I called. Capacity for about 30 cars, but I understand I am now #47 out of 50 they have to work on. Apparently spare parts are difficult to come by. No surprise there. I'm looking at 6-8 weeks for repair

Reactions: CalBlue 85D
Update:
1. Not my fault; get the report 12/5 (tomorrow)
2. Both mine and guy's insurance who hit me agree; Ford behind me 100% at fault
3. Deductible coming from his insurance back to me
4. Still same time estimate 6-8 weeks, with holidays who knows
5. Remote control via app disabled (oh well)
6. I should be able to get a rental
7. Driving my 2014 Nissan Leaf just isn't the same thing
8. I hate ICE vehicles and curse the Costco gas line
9. Did I mention I miss my P85 beauty?