Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Beauty, damaged.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are actually more concerned about the 12V battery in our Tesla. Not long before the accident we had gone to a new supercharger opening and had topped the car off so when the accident happened and the airbags went off we were probably around 80%. Apparently when the airbags fire so does the pyro to sever the main battery from the car to safe it. By that night the little 12V battery died and we lost contact with the car. For the past two months the car has been sitting outside in the cold with a dead 12V battery and hopefully the HV battery still has juice in it. We asked the shop if they thing the 12V battery will need to be replaced and their response was we will just have to see.

We asked if they could preemptively order one and they said sure if we want to pay for it. We called the local service center and they said the batteries are back ordered. We just won't want to get to the point where the car is all repaired but now we are waiting for a 12V battery to get the car running again. ugh.

Meanwhile calling Tesla corp a few times a week asking where our parts are.

She lives:
Enjoy the final assembly; note the new hood( oops image space too small), rear tailgate, side panels, rear body panel, reinforced bumper, bumper; and folded in the footwell the RFS tucked away. Looks like the boys are tidying up and finishing the polishing.

Pickup around 5:00-5:30PM.
Polish.JPG
Rear body.JPG
Reinforced Bumper.JPG
Rear Bumper.JPG

Repaired and back in our hands with upgrades.

Introducing Black Beauty.....nah forget that...Reviving my 2013 P85 Model S;
henceforth named: "Mary Shelly's Phoenix"

Changes made:
- Added RFS and hardware
- New Name
- New OEM Hood, front quarter panels
- New headlights
- New T logo
- New Back: trunk floor pan, rear bumper rail, rear body panel, rear bumper re-inforcement (for RFS), new bumper, Rear left quarter panel
- New Tail lights
- New Black rear skirt (was dark gray on 2013 Model S)

Issues:

- GPS not picking up a signal
- TPMS system warning intermittent.
- She goes to Fremont SC on 3/20 for a check

IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0252.jpg
IMG_0253.jpg
IMG_0256.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Lu Ann
Congrats! But what happened to that other Model S still covered in the plastic.. The roof is crushed!

thanks and feels good! She looks brand new.

Not sure, It's got the factory wrap on some parts, and looks like something crashed down on the B-pillar and roofline at the doors. I was told stuff like this is usually due to Transportation damage when tesla ships cars to customers or stores. My repair shop gets factory repairs and shipping repairs from Tesla, their main cash cow.

Should've seen the others. About 5 or 6 Model S all with front ends in various states of repair, looking like they are all waiting for a bumper and nose cone. Some pre- and some new facelift.

thanks and feels good! She looks brand new.

Not sure, It's got the factory wrap on some parts, and looks like something crashed down on the B-pillar and roofline at the doors. I was told stuff like this is usually due to Transportation damage when tesla ships cars to customers or stores. My repair shop gets factory repairs and shipping repairs from Tesla, their main cash cow.

Should've seen the others. About 5 or 6 Model S all with front ends in various states of repair, looking like they are all waiting for a bumper and nose cone. Some pre- and some new facelift.

I know it feels good whenever you get back in your own S you just get this feeling of happiness. Wow! Wonder if the owner's are going to reject delivery? I know I probably would a brand new car that probably has less than 30 Miles on it requires repairs. I wouldn't be happy if those were my car's at all.