Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black car delivery paint issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my delivery date scheduled for April 30 and was very excited to pick up my new black M3. Here is what happened:
They told me the car had some tree sap on it so it had to be cleaned and detailed. 1.5 hours later the car was brought to me for delivery. After inspecting the vehicle there was still remnants of tree sap on the glass roof and specs on the hood as well. We asked them about those and they tried to detail it in front of us. After further inspection, we also noticed finger prints inside the front windshield sensor (where rear view mirror is connected). It is enclosed so it had to be removed and cleaned.
Will be picking up today to see if everything is good to go.
Only concern about all of this detailing is the clear coat being removed from the buffering. Any similar experiences?

I had my delivery date scheduled for April 30 and was very excited to pick up my new black M3. Here is what happened:
They told me the car had some tree sap on it so it had to be cleaned and detailed. 1.5 hours later the car was brought to me for delivery. After inspecting the vehicle there was still remnants of tree sap on the glass roof and specs on the hood as well. We asked them about those and they tried to detail it in front of us. After further inspection, we also noticed finger prints inside the front windshield sensor (where rear view mirror is connected). It is enclosed so it had to be removed and cleaned.
Will be picking up today to see if everything is good to go.
Only concern about all of this detailing is the clear coat being removed from the buffering. Any similar experiences?
Don't worry about it. Just enjoy the car. Have you thought about ceramic coating/ppf?

DCDC6810-DA49-454A-82AB-3176ADCBA6B6.jpeg

Gasoline and a soft rag will remove tree sap. It's a good use for gasoline!
Robin

Took delivery today and looks like they got it all off. Car is looking great in black.