Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Center Caps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I've found this cool product in a tesla group and it seems like the seller also provides a discount:cool:
upload_2019-3-26_5-3-34.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-26_5-3-27.png
    upload_2019-3-26_5-3-27.png
    265.9 KB · Views: 202
D99D0801-3ED3-49D3-90DB-3CAB7C5C5599.jpeg 388A794F-AE20-44C8-870A-AB209804CB3E.jpeg I bought the grey arachnids for my X, thinking I can buy the model 3 center cap kit. The center caps don’t fit. What the hell tsportline?! I see the modifications to make them fit above, but seriously, why do they do that? Then say it fits.

I’d be happier with center caps that said nothing, than saying Sportline. Any ideas? Thanks.

I was thinking of using the Tsporline center cap backings. Then moving the metal cover from the tesla ones to that. Since you have to remove them anyway. Should be a pretty good fit...?

I’m going to recheck the color tomorrow in the sunlight to make sure it’s close enough for me.

That or plasti dip them black.

Last edited:
For anyone else still trying to figure this out... I have glossy 20s from Tsportline and ordered these all black caps as mentioned earlier from wheelership.com:
OE GENUINE TESLA CENTER CAP W/ TESLA LOGO BLACK
CAP6666

They actually match nearly perfectly. I was worried they'd be matte and wouldn't match well but that is not the case. I imagine they match worse on the matte rims.

Also, they had no trouble popping in. No cutting or trimming involved. However, I did have to buy these to get the original caps off https://www.amazon.com/Kaisiking-Su...3173&s=gateway&sprefix=heavy+duty+suct&sr=8-3. Just make sure you wet the cup and really press into it when you turn the handle.

Once I get my Arachnid 20s on my X, I'll see if I can't use the roll technique to get the OEM grey model 3 caps in there.

I measured my center caps (20" OEM X) vs. the T sporline, and they are within 0.5mm from what I could tell... so it's really just a hair they need to fit.

For anyone else still trying to figure this out... I have glossy 20s from Tsportline and ordered these all black caps as mentioned earlier from wheelership.com:
OE GENUINE TESLA CENTER CAP W/ TESLA LOGO BLACK
CAP6666

They actually match nearly perfectly. I was worried they'd be matte and wouldn't match well but that is not the case. I imagine they match worse on the matte rims.

Also, they had no trouble popping in. No cutting or trimming involved. However, I did have to buy these to get the original caps off https://www.amazon.com/Kaisiking-Su...3173&s=gateway&sprefix=heavy+duty+suct&sr=8-3. Just make sure you wet the cup and really press into it when you turn the handle.

Hey I know this is an old thread, but I tried your suggested tool and the tsportline caps won't budge for me, wet suction or not. They do spin, but that's all the movement I get. Pulling on them the suction just eventually gives up. Am I going to need to remove the entire tire/wheel to get the center caps off? Or is there another tool that will get the caps off without damage to the wheel? Appreciate any suggestions.