Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black chrome arachnid wheels installed with spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have used spacers to bring the wheels out flush with the outer fender.

Do you have a link to the brand and model spacer you used?

Also, does it kick alot more debris onto the side the of vehicle?

Motorsport Technology makes the spacers. They're all custom made. Size is 5x120 64.1-64.1. Thickness is your option.

Yes it does result in more dirt getting on the fenders on the lower side behind the wheels. But that's very manageable.

What is the offset of the arachnids? Staggered fitment or same all round?

40 offset, standard for Tesla wheels, and same all around.

Incorrect, the Arachnid wheels are a staggered set, 8.5" Front, 9" Rear :cool:

21″ Arachnid Wheel
Size: 21X8.5″ front, 21X9.0″ rear
Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
PCD: 5X120
Center Bore: 64.1mm
Weight: 21×8.5″ = ~26.6 lbs. (without tire), 21×9.0″ = ~28.5 lbs. (without tire)
The front wheels are 51.8 lbs., while the rear wheels are 53.9 lbs. with tires
Wheels are 8.6 lbs. lighter in front and 9.5 lbs. in rear wheel for a total reduction of 36.2 lbs.

of unsprung weight compare to the 21" Turbine wheels (which are $6,000 in the Tesla Store).
Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.
Price: $ 7,600.00
Details: This wheel is not available when ordering a Tesla Model S.

• Informative
Reactions: Tech_Guy
Incorrect, the Arachnid wheels are a staggered set, 8.5" Front, 9" Rear :cool:

21″ Arachnid Wheel
Size: 21X8.5″ front,
21X9.0″ rear
Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
PCD: 5X120
Center Bore: 64.1mm
Weight: 21×8.5″ = ~26.6 lbs. (without tire), 21×9.0″ = ~28.5 lbs. (without tire)
The front wheels are 51.8 lbs., while the rear wheels are 53.9 lbs. with tires
Wheels are 8.6 lbs. lighter in front and 9.5 lbs. in rear wheel for a total reduction of 36.2 lbs.

of unsprung weight compare to the 21" Turbine wheels (which are $6,000 in the Tesla Store).
Lug Nut Spec:
13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.
Price: $ 7,600.00
Details: This wheel is not available when ordering a Tesla Model S.

Excellent thank you! I’d this the same as the 21” staggered turbines?

Do you notice any difference in steering / handling with the spacers? They sure make it look nice...

It may be a placebo effect but I think the handling in corners is better.

Good stuff. Can you take some more pics from a bit farther away so we can see the whole car and get a better feel for the work the spacers are doing for you.

Will try to do that tomorrow. The stance is much more aggressive — will try to capture that in some photos.

Reactions: GatorGuy
ArmorTech Powder Coating, Inc
954-979-8600
www.armortechpowdercoating.com

Will do but will take the photos tomorrow am. The car was not finished until late today.

The caps are real carbon fiber. The chrome was wrapped today in Vvivid gloss carbon fiber along with the handles. Pictures tomorrow, but I can say now it's a fantastic wrapping job.

Motorsport Technology. Spacers are 30mm front 20mm rear. But this could vary by several mm depending on the section width of the tires you have and how flush you want them with the upper fender edges.

Check that. 22mm front, 15mm rear. My bad.

@artsci Wheels and chrome delete looking great. I like the head-lights, can you share the cost and how long it took to get them done. Thanks.

I had them done by Evan Patak, who posts on a regular basis. Here's an entire thread about his work.

And here are a few photos requested to show a longer view of the wider stance.

fullsizeoutput_9342.jpeg

DSC_8083.JPG

fullsizeoutput_933d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9341.jpeg

DSC_8074.JPG