Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black headliner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that the picture in the Tesla website now shows the cream interior has a black headliner but still has cream carpets. I love my cream headliner but sure wish my carpets were black so they wouldn't look so dirty; I bought some black floor mats which help a lot but light colored carpets never fare well in the long run. This is probably more " streamlining " of production but visually having the dark color on top and the light color below just looks goofy to me.

The cream interior was what prompted me to trade my ‘13 S for a new one. I don’t like black interiors, and even the cream still has lots of black - black steering wheel, steering column, kick panels, door sills, door caps, lower a pillar molding, front seat backs and the entire luggage area. Most premium cars have some or all of these areas color coordinated.

But the apparently now standard black headliner in all cars is a total turn off to me. I hate a dreary all black cave-like interior.

Reactions: electricar