Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Horse Hp - When Do They Get In Touch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll check in with the Tesla store tomorrow, but thought I'd probably get a more accurate response here ;)

I've ordered using Black Horse HP and am due to collect on Friday. Had the final invoice, got my reg number today, but apart from being approved have heard nothing from Black Horse.

Has anyone used them for a Tesla purchase before, and if so - when do they get in touch? I'm sure there's documents they'll want me to sign, and deposit cash they'll want to collect.

Or is this all done during the car collection?

TIA.

Black horse tell Tesla the loan is approved, and Tesla sort everything out.. you don't deal with them directly. I'd expect you to have a final request to pay the balance of the deposit by now though (which must be done by bank transfer prior a couple of days prior to collection).

I'll check in with the Tesla store tomorrow, but thought I'd probably get a more accurate response here ;)

I've ordered using Black Horse HP and am due to collect on Friday. Had the final invoice, got my reg number today, but apart from being approved have heard nothing from Black Horse.

Has anyone used them for a Tesla purchase before, and if so - when do they get in touch? I'm sure there's documents they'll want me to sign, and deposit cash they'll want to collect.

Or is this all done during the car collection?

TIA.

If I remember correctly some of the documents must be uploaded into your Tesla account in advance, rest of the Blackhorse paperwork is done at the time of collection at the delivery centre. It was a fairly quick process.

am due to collect on Friday

Congratulations :)

Thought it was credit card going by their website

Only for deposit (and if you want some "Swag" / accessories on-the-day). Final Payment for car can ONLY be made by bank transfer of cleared-funds BEFORE collection

Final Invoice says 7 days before collection but fair chance, Tesla-chaos being Tesla, that they won't have sent it 7 days prior .. .and you may well have some money laundering complications such as only being able to send £10K at a time which, for some people, means "Queue up multiple payments all-at-once" (in which case what is point of £10K Limit? :oops:) or, worst case, £10k-per-day ... might also involve visit to Bank to show them your passport and all that paraphernalia.

• Informative
Reactions: Oddbin
My confusion is that the car has technically been sold to Black Horse at this point (who I'm technically then buying it off of over the term) so surely I'd be transferring the downpayment (which is the word I should have used, not deposit) to them, not Tesla, as it's Black Horse I have the (unsigned) agreement with?
I'll see what they say in store - don't wanna turn up on Friday to find a lack of clear communication from Black Horse (or Tesla) has messed things up.

You really won't hear anything from Black Horse once the finance has been accepted.

Tesla will deal with everything else as their agent.

The down-payment you make simply reduces the payment that Black Horse make to Tesla for the car so you are giving the money to the right people.

• Helpful
Reactions: dazjdash