Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Horse PCP and new servicing (or not as the case may be)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am hitting the 25k mark which would have been service 2 in old rules but now Tesla have changed the whole service plan what do we have to do? Has anyone contacted Black Horse to confirm the rules? I purchased the 4 year service plan and naturally want to get my monies worth but at the same time ensure I cover any rules Black Horse demand. It’s probably best to get money back on the service plan. What have others done?

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I’d book your service it’s late... every 12k isn’t it?

I’ve not seen anything to suggest anything has changed in U.K.

Yes, it has all changed in the UK, just talk to your local service centre and check the Tesla web site.

The Blackhorse documentation I have just says to follow the manufacturers schedule which is no longer the old annual service.

Reactions: Penfold
So I am hitting the 25k mark which would have been service 2 in old rules but now Tesla have changed the whole service plan what do we have to do? Has anyone contacted Black Horse to confirm the rules? I purchased the 4 year service plan and naturally want to get my monies worth but at the same time ensure I cover any rules Black Horse demand. It’s probably best to get money back on the service plan. What have others done?

There are certain items that Tesla recommend doing each year which I think @Mark_T highlighted but I can’t now find. The Blackhorse requirements are still the same, i.e. follow Tesla’s instructions. Personally I would use the app to set up a service ticking the ‘other’ box and asking what they recommend for your car now it’s at 25k. Proceed with whatever it is, and then you are in the clear from a PCP point of view.

Given that it won’t be the ‘full’ service that was part of the plan you paid for, I’d be emailing to cancel that and just PAYG based on what they recommend each year.

ecda6a2a-6c63-47f6-bc31-71b92b1480c0.png

The intervals in the manual are still described as every 12 months or 12,500 miles, it is what is done that has changed.

... and yes, the UK is defined as a 'cold weather region' so does require the 'Winter Care' item.

Thanks all, I have just found my Black Horse docs and they state as per above. I’ll get it booked in for their 25k recommendations and speak with them regarding cancelling the service plan. Thanks again for your responses

Spoke with my local SC last week regarding booking a service and getting some other work done. They told my that they only service and charge for things that actually need working on rather than charging a set price for a service. This should reduce service costs, hopefully it will anyway

• Informative