Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Horse - Time to process PCP application?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given 5 year fixed rate mortgage are now often under 2%, a remortgage may be a better option.

That’s true, although an advantage of PCP is the ability to hand the car back. You could box clever and raise enough to max out the deposit at 30% of purchase price, thus borrowing less at the higher PCP rate.

I applied for finance with Black Horse 09/02/2020, and it said on the application that I should hear back within four hours. Nothing came in, I assumed it was because I applied on a Sunday, so I ended up calling Tesla on Tuesday 11/02/2020 and the nice person confirmed that the application had been accepted, and manually updated my account page to the "we are drafting up your contract" stage. Then on 13/02/2020 I got an email through from Black Horse themselves confirming that it had been accepted.

That's where I'm up to now, still not paid anything beyond the £100 deposit. I've been assigned a hidden VIN, so I know the car is on a boat somewhere at least!

Hmm, I got one email from FinanceGB within 24 hours to say I was approved but nothing else but my account still says "Your credit application has been received." Maybe I need to give them a call.

My understanding was you don't pay the deposit until much closer but I have it ready whenever they want it. I also got 4.9%, which is what I was expecting and I'm happy with it, assuming I don't keep the car after 4 years I will have only paid around £3k for the performance upgrade.