TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Black Instrument Panel

Discussion in 'Model S' started by heed91, Apr 9, 2018.

1. heed91

heed91 Member

ED057413-E6C3-4F9E-B826-89665FB8626F.jpeg My instrument panel is black and I can’t see anything on it. The main 17” display still works perfectly but not sure why I can’t see anything on my instrument panel?
    I have a Model S75D with the new MCU2 so I can’t do a reset with the normal hold scroll wheel deal. Anyone else with new MCU2 have this issue before and how did you resolve it? I can still drive but it’s a little eerie not knowing my speed and staring at a black screen.

2. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

Try going to controls, then on the left hit the power off menu, and power off the car.
    Do that, then after a few minutes, you should be able to press the brake to power it back on.

No idea if it'll help, but I think it's worth a shot.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus Member

Same thing happened to my wife on our 100D MCU2 last week. The e-brake and power off menu fix from @DOCAL above worked for us.

4. heed91

heed91 Member

Thanks guys. That did the trick!

5. mrbulk

mrbulk Member

Same thing happened to me just this afternoon. Luckily we were near our destination so I parked it. Came back a couple of hours later and all was fine, could what I did constitute powering off the car, as DOCAL suggested?

Also tried the scroll wheel reset (all three positions) anyway, to no avail before parking and giving up the first time.