Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Instrument Panel

heed91

Feb 20, 2018
Gilbert
ED057413-E6C3-4F9E-B826-89665FB8626F.jpeg
My instrument panel is black and I can’t see anything on it. The main 17” display still works perfectly but not sure why I can’t see anything on my instrument panel?
I have a Model S75D with the new MCU2 so I can’t do a reset with the normal hold scroll wheel deal. Anyone else with new MCU2 have this issue before and how did you resolve it? I can still drive but it’s a little eerie not knowing my speed and staring at a black screen.

mrbulk

Sep 5, 2017
Las Vegas NV
Same thing happened to me just this afternoon. Luckily we were near our destination so I parked it. Came back a couple of hours later and all was fine, could what I did constitute powering off the car, as DOCAL suggested?

Also tried the scroll wheel reset (all three positions) anyway, to no avail before parking and giving up the first time.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC