TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Black Kicks on Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Reaction26, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Reaction26

Reaction26 Member

Hey guys finally got some new rims on the Model 3. I researched a lot of aftermarket vendors based on the style of the rims and the size and color. I pulled the trigger and boy and I happy with the selection and the support I got from the vendor of where I got the wheels. I got Avant Garde M615 - 20's on my white model with glossy back rims with an offset of 8.5 in the front and 10.5 in the back. For tires I went with All Season of Toyo Extensa HP2 - better grip on the road and feels great.

I went back and forth with another wheel but these were better as they are 3-4lbs lighter than the other one I selected and didnt want to go higher than 20's. I could have not done it with the support of Jason Tung from Getyourwheels. He helped through the process as these only came in silver and we got them powdercoated in glossy back to match the chrome delete where I got it done in glossy black as well. It came out PERFECT and its the best selection I could have done on this car the lip, the color and the spokes when driving it just looks more aggressive than ever.

Jason through the process sent me updates as to what it will look like and how it will be when its shipped and I was very pleased with him and his customer service. I def recommend go talk to him and he can help with design and helping you configure which looks best with the design of the car.

His contact info if anyone is interested in specialized rims for their Tesla. [email protected] 562-219-2525

Thanks,

Arash

Attached Files:

• Like x 8
    • Love x 1
  2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Beautiful choice !

3. Josh@GYW

Everything turned out so well! Thanks for letting us help you get setup with those Avant Garde M615.

4. Tezlah

Tezlah Member

Wow your car looks great. Where did you get your chrome delete done? I’m also in the DC area and looking for recommendations for window tinting and chrome delete.

5. Holmern

Holmern Member

Looks awesome! Love the combo of the wheels and the chrome delete!

6. hdAge

hdAge Member

@Reaction26 Wheels look great, looks very close to Vossen style. And staggered is the way to go. What tire sizes did you choose? The rear ones, were there 265 or 275?

7. Reaction26

Reaction26 Member

Thanks. Exotic Vehical Wrap (Sterling, VA) did my full front wrap in clear, interior console in clear along with my chrome delete and could not be more happier with how it came out.

Tint was done by TintFx in (Vienna, VA) - they did Suntek CXP 35% all windows and 70% front windshield.

8. Reaction26

Reaction26 Member

Thanks man. A few more surprises coming soon ;)

9. Reaction26

Reaction26 Member

Thanks. Yes they are very close to them as they were my 2nd choice and it was so hard in deciding more like buying a house I did 10 different photoshop pics to get the write style and color. The front are 245/35R20, Rears are 275/30R20

10. hdAge

hdAge Member

Nice, looks like 275 is the widest i have seen so far. Coming from BMW, I like it wider :) Did you ever think of going 21" wheels or maybe that is simply too big for Model 3?

11. Reaction26

Reaction26 Member

If i could trust me I would have but the the next size up would have for 22-24.

12. slade037

slade037 Member

Do you think you're gonna drop her down some with springs or coils? Hope to see you around the area!

13. Reaction26

Reaction26 Member

I am debating on it and even Jason said it now the question is do I really want to do it or not? My other car before this was a Japanese Prius where I bought in Japan and it lowered 2 inches all the way and I threw 19's and I felt everything on the road and bumps and rocks.

I am debating still got a little more surprises coming still before I think about lowering it.

14. pandam3

pandam3 Member

Looks great,

Any change in range that you’ve noticed?

15. Reaction26

Reaction26 Member

Not really since I made sure this wheel was lighter than the one I was going to get. I do recommend them.

16. Josh@GYW

There's definitely room to go with a 285 in the back.

This is another customer we helped with 20X9 and 20X10.5 with 285/30/20 in the back

[​IMG]

17. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

That looks great. What offsets are on those?

18. hdAge

hdAge Member

Yes I like 285 with 20x10.5. Were there any spacers added to the setup? I'm guessing atleast a 15mm spacer would give it a good stance. And do you have a pic of the wheels straight from behind? Like the one below

BMW2-wheels.jpg

19. Josh@GYW

No spacers were needed for this setup. If you're lowered, I'd say another 8mm would be just about good since you don't want it going too far out rubbing on the inside of the liner. I do not but close.

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  20. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member