TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Black Leather Seats (Non-Next Gen) on S60

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MikeyJS, Sep 11, 2016.

1. MikeyJS

MikeyJS Member

I was just playing around with the MS configuration page and saw on the S60 (none of the other ones had it) there is now an option for black leather seats that cost 2400 instead of the next gen 2500. Does anyone know anything about them? I guess they aren't the same as the Premium ones that are on the P models, but glad to see a leather option that isn't as bolstered...

2. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

That's really strange. It's only on the 60, so I would assume it's to help lower the price, but it's only $100 savings.

3. Mbenz528i

Mbenz528i Member

Interesting that they are only $100 less than the next gen seats. I could see it as a viable option for $500-$1000 less than next gen, even I might have, but I see it as a small group that would choose this option.

4. somnambule

somnambule Member

Huh... maybe they found a stash of old black leather seats in a corner of the factory :p

• Funny x 1
  5. Mbenz528i

Mbenz528i Member

6. joebiker25

joebiker25 Member

I ordered the black next gen seats after test driving a S 60 with the base seats. Loved the support and comfort of the leather next gen seats for my lengthy commute