Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model 3 parts on Tesla Parts catalog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was digging around the parts catalog and noticed that almost all of the black "chrome delete" parts are listed.

DOOR HANDLE OUTER, PASSIVE, LH, BLACK 1528114-00-B

DOOR HANDLE OUTER, PASSIVE, RH, BLACK 1528115-00-B

EXT MIRROR ASSY, PREMIUM, DOMESTIC, LH M3 - [EC- BLACK]
1592031-00-B

EXT MIRROR ASSY, PREMIUM, DOMESTIC, LH M3 - [EC- BLACK] 1592031-00-B

M3 LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA (LH)
1495864-10-C

M3 LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA (RH) 1495865-10-C

M3 REAR QTR GLASS ASSY, LH, BLACK - [GF3] 1514978-01-C

M3 REAR QTR GLASS ASSY, RH, BLACK - [GF3] 1514979-01-C

M3S REAR DOOR OUTER BELT ASSY LH - BLACK

M3S REAR DOOR OUTER BELT ASSY RH - BLACK 1080748-01-I

M3 FRONT DOOR OTR BELT ASSY LH - BLACK 1080681-01-H

M3S FRONT DOOR OUTER BELT ASSY RH - BLACK 1080684-01-H

Only part I couldn't find in black is the large top pieces above the windows, their chrome versions are:

M3P UPPER BRIGHT TRIM CAP LH 1083519-00-D

M3P UPPER BRIGHT TRIM CAP RH 1083520-00-D

If anyone has a good relationship with their parts dept maybe we could get some prices.

Prices for quarter glass and front/rear window trims below in pic. Mirror is unreleased and price is unavailable, repeater is restricted part according to the parts department, and they stated they’re unable to order the 3 window parts at this moment.

Attachments

• 1053AF5E-E111-4F5C-A3BE-194895B3991B.png
    1053AF5E-E111-4F5C-A3BE-194895B3991B.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 678
Pretty much same info I got back

“The door handles are $160 each, they haven’t actually listed a price for the black mirrors yet but I would assume they will be roughly the same as they cost on the Y ($520), the repeaters run $130 per side.”

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Ha, one time I bought a base model Mazda 3 and it had roll up windows. I browsed the parts catalog and retrofitted power windows including new wiring harnesses; I was also able to upgrade the steering wheel and add in cruise control by meticulously going through the parts catalog, buying the parts and a little spit and grit.
Might be a fun project; but the pricing seems like it would end up being insane... I might just stick to my kenriko chrome delete; (even though it really bothers me to feel the edge of the vinyl on my door handles; and I maybe didn't do as good a job on my side windows as I could have..

I imagine those black side window trim pieces might show up on ebay at some point as time goes on.

I don't think the prices are that ridiculous, really. You can also sell your parts on eBay afterwards, although I don't know how much you'd get back.

The big problem I think with the door handles is the labour cost involved in actually changing them. The whole door has to be taken apart, pretty much, including removing the glass. If you were going to do that you might as well do the laminated glass (1568569-00-B and 1568570-00-B) at the same time. If you got Tesla to do the handles I don't think you'd be looking at an hours labour per door.

I've got a ranger coming tomorrow to refit one of my door handles as it was installed incorrectly from the factory, so will be interested to see how long it takes him as a frame of reference.

Relative to a wrap though, obviously it's a lot more money.. but wraps peel (yes, even well fitted ones).

I don't think the prices are that ridiculous, really. You can also sell your parts on eBay afterwards, although I don't know how much you'd get back.

The big problem I think with the door handles is the labour cost involved in actually changing them. The whole door has to be taken apart, pretty much, including removing the glass. If you were going to do that you might as well do the laminated glass (1568569-00-B and 1568570-00-B) at the same time. If you got Tesla to do the handles I don't think you'd be looking at an hours labour per door.

I've got a ranger coming tomorrow to refit one of my door handles as it was installed incorrectly from the factory, so will be interested to see how long it takes him as a frame of reference.

Relative to a wrap though, obviously it's a lot more money.. but wraps peel (yes, even well fitted ones).

Yes, wraps do peel, but good wraps like 3M will last several years before it starts to do that. Unless of course, intentional damage and all that, but that's beyond regular use.

I guess the costs for getting it wrapped can cost as much as replacing them with OEM black trims, but for the people doing it the DIY way, may not be as cost effective.

How much is your time worth?

For some people doing it DIY at minimum cost is fine. For others, either they don’t have the time, their time is more valuable, or they simply don’t feel like they’ll do a decent enough job at it, so they pay a professional.

Don’t know about the States but in the UK I had been quoted £400 (~$550?) for a 3M wrap, which wouldn’t have fully done the handles anyway.

That being said I would agree that as retrofits go a wrap will achieve 90%+ of the aesthetics for probably 15% of the price (if you do the wing mirrors too)

How much is your time worth?

For some people doing it DIY at minimum cost is fine. For others, either they don’t have the time, their time is more valuable, or they simply don’t feel like they’ll do a decent enough job at it, so they pay a professional.

Don’t know about the States but in the UK I had been quoted £400 (~$550?) for a 3M wrap, which wouldn’t have fully done the handles anyway.

That being said I would agree that as retrofits go a wrap will achieve 90%+ of the aesthetics for probably 15% of the price (if you do the wing mirrors too)

There's no doubt a market out there for professionals to do wraps, that's for sure. It's up to the individual.

But I think the "How much is your time worth" question is something to be disputed. Do you work 24/7 or near that much? If you don't, you don't earn money during your free/down time. Of course, depends on how you look at it, if you look at it as "how much I earn per year / every hour of the year" or "how much I earn per year / all work hours per year".

$550 is quite cheap for 3M wrap for the chrome trims, in the states, it can cost as much as $1k here.

Reactions: Durzel
Agreed. I like to “tweak” my car (whatever it is) as a hobby. There will always be things I want to do myself and others I don’t want to mess around with. If I am doing something for the first time, I expect it will take me a long time as I learn what I am doing, but that’s most of the fun!

Meanwhile, where can the parts catalogue be found? I hadn’t seen one on the Tesla site.
Thanks!

EDIT: is this it? https://epc.tesla.com/#/catalogs
Duh. How did I kiss it?

Last edited:
There's no doubt a market out there for professionals to do wraps, that's for sure. It's up to the individual.

But I think the "How much is your time worth" question is something to be disputed. Do you work 24/7 or near that much? If you don't, you don't earn money during your free/down time. Of course, depends on how you look at it, if you look at it as "how much I earn per year / every hour of the year" or "how much I earn per year / all work hours per year".

$550 is quite cheap for 3M wrap for the chrome trims, in the states, it can cost as much as $1k here.
Good points well made :)

Reactions: The_Observer
I was digging around the parts catalog and noticed that almost all of the black "chrome delete" parts are listed.

M3 LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA (LH) 1495864-10-C

M3 LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA (RH) 1495865-10-C

I've found a guy ready to swap his chrome set (windows trim and ext mirrors) with my black satin 2021 set.
We could swap also the side repeater, but i can't find on the web if the cover can be snapped from the assembly, anyone knows it? The part catalog indicate the whole piece.

Very probably the different part number is related just to the new black trim, but being different i'm not feeling too confident in swapping the entire assembly with the camera.

I guess nobody knows, but it could be that the 2021 have new and better side cameras?

Very undecided, if the cover could be removed, it will sort the problem.