Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model 3s. Tint or no tint? Anybody have pics?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is black with no tint. I'm not a fan of the "murdered out" look in particular, but it gets hot as fawk in here, so I'm getting tint soon. I also don't really like fishbowling in the tesla. Very easy to see who/what is inside the car because there's so much glass.

Pinnacle 25 doors and rear. Air80 windshield.
Maybe it's the angle but I swear it's much darker in person.
PXL_20220526_023922091.jpg

PXL_20220526_024632939.jpg

Mine is black with no tint. I'm not a fan of the "murdered out" look in particular, but it gets hot as fawk in here, so I'm getting tint soon. I also don't really like fishbowling in the tesla. Very easy to see who/what is inside the car because there's so much glass.
I think this unintentionally acknowledges that while many initially bin those with tint into very narrow character definitions, there quite practical reasons to tint the windows.

We took a road-trip my first weekend with the M3P in 90-degree weather and my wife had to put a blanket over her legs because they were getting so hot from the sun through the windshield.

Anyone else notice while shopping around, that different brands and types of tint were clearly not the same level of tint/darkness. I know, 15% is suppose to be 15% and 20 should be 20, but getting samples from different places, showed slight differences. One brands 15% was the same as another brands 20%. Maybe a it was a ceramic vs non ceramic difference I can't recall.
This is 3M ceramic IR 15% from the inside comparing withe the window up and down. I did my best to adjust the brightness in the front window for accuracy. I also have Suma side mirrors with no dimming.
20220526_045354.jpg

20220527_162432.jpg

Reactions: Lindenwood
I'm running only side windows at 15% Avery Dennison ceramic tint... i still want to do the sunroof, back glass (in one full piece) and the windshield in a 70% but havenā€™t gotten around to it yet.

I will say, the side windows in ceramic make a difference, but the back glass, sunroof, and windshield need to be tinted too IMO in FL. Pic below is 15% with white seats so itā€™ll be a bit lighter.

Attachments

• B571476F-A6B0-4535-921D-5877F88B8F5F.jpeg
    B571476F-A6B0-4535-921D-5877F88B8F5F.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: santua