Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Austin build for pickup this weekend in Miami

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put a deposit down for this after finding it through Tesla's inventory. Black Model Y, 20-inch Induction wheels, black interior.

I currently have a Performance reservation due for delivery in August but decided to jump on this. However, I do reside in Los Angeles. Thought I would figure out logistics after ordering. I'm trying to get in contact with Tesla to see how taxes/registration fees/EV rebate will pan out, and if delivery to LA is possible (would probably be expensive) or if I could fly out there to take delivery. So there are a lot of unknowns and it seems increasingly likely this will not work out.

Just putting this out there to see if I might be able to work out a deal to transfer this to someone who is interested in taking delivery of an Austin build Model Y in Miami. Total price on this was $66,940 with all fees.

Taxes and registration will likely be a pain in the butt. I’m sure it’s doable, but Tesla isn’t great with anything that’s slightly out of the norm, IE, having you pick it up at your local store.

They probably could transport it, but that distance would probably be Tesla’s highest fee which I think is $2,500.

Honestly, I would just release it and eat the $250 order fee or whatever and take delivery of the Performance. There is a chance the Austin Model Y will get more battery performance unlocked or higher charge speeds once they gather more data from those new battery cells, but I would go for the extra range of the Performance and 250kW isn’t “slow” charging by any means.

Note, I don’t expect you to do this, but please don’t be a dick and try to score $1000 or something from “transferring” the reservation or anything. Just release it and someone else will get lucky.

Taxes and registration will likely be a pain in the butt. I’m sure it’s doable, but Tesla isn’t great with anything that’s slightly out of the norm, IE, having you pick it up at your local store.

They probably could transport it, but that distance would probably be Tesla’s highest fee which I think is $2,500.

Honestly, I would just release it and eat the $250 order fee or whatever and take delivery of the Performance. There is a chance the Austin Model Y will get more battery performance unlocked or higher charge speeds once they gather more data from those new battery cells, but I would go for the extra range of the Performance and 250kW isn’t “slow” charging by any means.

Note, I don’t expect you to do this, but please don’t be a dick and try to score $1000 or something from “transferring” the reservation or anything. Just release it and someone else will get lucky.
Yeah I was just hoping someone would pay the reservation deposit I put down to take it. It looks like we'll probably be seeing more of these pop up in inventories outside of Texas. I'm actually still leaning toward going and getting it myself. I'll probably know by end of day, someone is supposed to contact me from the local Tesla dealer there.

Yeah I was just hoping someone would pay the reservation deposit I put down to take it. It looks like we'll probably be seeing more of these pop up in inventories outside of Texas. I'm actually still leaning toward going and getting it myself. I'll probably know by end of day, someone is supposed to contact me from the local Tesla dealer there.
If you can afford the Performance, I think you’ll like that a lot more.

I put a deposit down for this after finding it through Tesla's inventory. Black Model Y, 20-inch Induction wheels, black interior.

I currently have a Performance reservation due for delivery in August but decided to jump on this. However, I do reside in Los Angeles. Thought I would figure out logistics after ordering. I'm trying to get in contact with Tesla to see how taxes/registration fees/EV rebate will pan out, and if delivery to LA is possible (would probably be expensive) or if I could fly out there to take delivery. So there are a lot of unknowns and it seems increasingly likely this will not work out.

Just putting this out there to see if I might be able to work out a deal to transfer this to someone who is interested in taking delivery of an Austin build Model Y in Miami. Total price on this was $66,940 with all fees.
Hi there I would be intrested in the Austin Build Model Y. Can you please share more detials about the delivery and the build.

Hay I am intrested in this vehicle. Can you please give me more details like the VIN and how can I contact you.

I placed an order for a blue Model Y with NA vin (Austin build) $62,990 that is supposedly in Dallas. Not sure what I am going to do as I am in NY and don't really have time or energy to pickup in Dallas. I found the car through a 3rd party link so when i placed the order the location said "Must be picked up at a local delivery center" I assumed that meant MY local delivery center in NY, not half way across the country.
Also in the process of ordering it on Friday afternoon the website glitched out multiple times and somehow linked me to a SECOND MODEL Y Performance in Ft Lauderdale FL. This all happened within minutes, Tesla CS told me sorry son no ORDER FEE back, its not refundable.

I placed an order for a blue Model Y with NA vin (Austin build) $62,990 that is supposedly in Dallas. Not sure what I am going to do as I am in NY and don't really have time or energy to pickup in Dallas. I found the car through a 3rd party link so when i placed the order the location said "Must be picked up at a local delivery center" I assumed that meant MY local delivery center in NY, not half way across the country.
Also in the process of ordering it on Friday afternoon the website glitched out multiple times and somehow linked me to a SECOND MODEL Y Performance in Ft Lauderdale FL. This all happened within minutes, Tesla CS told me sorry son no ORDER FEE back, its not refundable.
Can you provide me with all the specs of that one in Dallas? A family member needs one and they might be interested in taking it off your hands.

2022 Model Y NA Vin, Austin build with 4680 pack, $62,990.
Tesla agreed to refund my order deposit on the second car that was accidently ordered, not sure what I am going to do with this one.
I can't give my account away to someone because I currently have a Model 3 and a Cybertruck, amongst my prior orders on it.

Attachments

• 2022-06-27 15.07.49.png
    2022-06-27 15.07.49.png
    562.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Model Y Details.png
    Model Y Details.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
2022 Model Y NA Vin, Austin build with 4680 pack, $62,990.
Tesla agreed to refund my order deposit on the second car that was accidently ordered, not sure what I am going to do with this one.
I can't give my account away to someone because I currently have a Model 3 and a Cybertruck, amongst my prior orders on it.
Thank you. I will share with my sister to see what she thinks and reach out to my service center to find out the process for the transfer. Do you have an estimated date for delivery?

Thank you. I will share with my sister to see what she thinks and reach out to my service center to find out the process for the transfer. Do you have an estimated date for delivery?
I'll be very curious on this. Last word was Tesla doesn't officially support reservation transfers (probably because they were getting LOADS of them, just look at all the "sales" here of them). I thought the only way to do it now was unofficially between the two parties and without pulling Tesla into the mix...