Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not man of us Black Y's around it seems! Seems we both ordered on the 18th and got updated EDD's today!

We picked up ours last week and love it. We wanted one with a trailer hitch but didn't feel like waiting a month or three for delivery, so we grabbed a hitch-less one from a dealer lot about 45 minutes away and will circle back to add the hitch before summer. It costs more to add the hitch after the fact, but the gas we're not buying for the old vehicle while waiting for a new Model Y to come in will more than cover the difference.

Placed the order on Thursday 01/12/23, got a call saying it’s ready for pick up on Saturday 01/14/23. I had to binge watch tons of YouTube videos to familiarize with the Model Y. Location SoCal

6D9BEDEA-73E1-4F2F-A24D-2792CDDAF3D1.jpeg

Placed the order on Thursday 01/12/23, got a call saying it’s ready for pick up on Saturday 01/14/23. I had to binge watch tons of YouTube videos to familiarize with the Model Y. Location SoCal

View attachment 902820
That's fast, was that the day before the price drop? If so did you cancel and reorder? I'm assuming you got a freemont build, how's the quality? Matrix headlights?

That's fast, was that the day before the price drop? If so did you cancel and reorder? I'm assuming you got a freemont build, how's the quality? Matrix headlights?
Actually I placed my order at 9:00 pm on the night Tesla announced the price cuts. It’s an Austin built without the Matrix headlights. Build quality was ok, few panel gaps in the tailgate and the driver side window needs to be realigned. Also the wiper nut cap covers were missing.
My MYLR was built in December 2022 and probably an excess inventory hence I got it fast.

Reactions: Blacked_Y
Ordered Black/Black MYLR gemini wheels, no add-ons (to stay under the then-capped 55k MSRP) on January 19. Estimated delivery was March 5-31. Got assigned a VIN on January 31, sadly I was on vacation and wasn't able to be home before the delivery window ended (they only give you 7 days!) so I had to pass. I immediately resumed the order and estimated delivery changed to Feb 2-8, but now says March-May. Big sad, but hopefully it will be sooner than the estimate.

@Obe8 can you send link to wheel covers?

Reactions: vet757