Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received our Black LR MY today. Ordered in April and much to my surprise, I’m VIN was assigned about 2 weeks back and go it delivered to my home today.

Is there a way to find out if my MYLR has the 4680 battery or the Fremont one?

Received our Black LR MY today. Ordered in April and much to my surprise, I’m VIN was assigned about 2 weeks back and go it delivered to my home today.

wow, congrats. can you fill us in on how you got that so fast??? ;)

Probably from Austin but with 2170 batteries. check the 11th character of the VIN, A means Austin F is Fremont.

wow, congrats. can you fill us in on how you got that so fast??? ;)

Probably from Austin but with 2170 batteries. check the 11th character of the VIN, A means Austin F is Fremont.
Oh thanks for the that tip on the character. It has an ‘A’ so I guess it’s Austin. Also, to my surprise, I did get the home charger and the cover in the trunk similar to my MSLR.

Actually I went back and checked, my order date was May 7th. Not April, guys I was lucky to get it this early.

Can anyone comment on the paint quality of the black? Has there been any improvement as of late? I wish I had enough disposable income to wrap with stealth PPF. It looks so amazing IMO.
I will say that it did arrive with some swirls and some high spots. I did have it ceramic coated with a one step paint correction. Came out like a mirror like the car should have arrived.

Reactions: E90M3Jerez
Can anyone comment on the paint quality of the black? Has there been any improvement as of late? I wish I had enough disposable income to wrap with stealth PPF. It looks so amazing IMO.
After a thorough look, I washed my car for the first time and paint definitely had issues. Plenty of swirl marks. In some parts the paint even felt bumpy. 🤦‍♂️ I definitely suggest having a professional take a look and correct it. I’m having it paint corrected on August 1st and then wrapped.

I suggest anyone taking delivery to get a paint correction as soon as you can…. Shouldn’t have to worry about things like this on a new car…. But…. Tesla 🤷‍♂️? Lol I’ve haven’t had any other issues so far. I’m about 2 1/2 weeks into ownership.

Reactions: E90M3Jerez