Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Multipattern seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@JimVandegriff how does the material feel to touch? Does it feel or look cheap? Possible for you to upload a video? The DS said non leather looks cheap. I am still not convinced I want leather, my decision converts to an order on 5th July. Need to make a call before that..

Oh also, you have a premium interior package but not leather seats? How did you manage to achieve that?

I have an S rather than an X, but if the seats are similar, we've found the cloth seats to be very hard and difficult to get into any kind of comfortable position. I ordered a full seat cushion that I hope helps.

With the S at least you can order the premium package with cloth seats. I did.

is that proven? My Ownership associate at the tesla store seems ignorant to this, and does it mean they will refund me the $2,500 on the leather seats?
All I can say is that I've see people in this forum report that they have been able to get non-standard configurations by calling Tesla. If your local DS isn't able to help, then call or Email Fremont (e.g. [email protected]).

With regards to pricing, it's all what you can negotiate. Call/Email before you place your order. If they cannot accommodate your change, you could always request a refund.

All I can say is that I've see people in this forum report that they have been able to get non-standard configurations by calling Tesla. If your local DS isn't able to help, then call or Email Fremont (e.g. [email protected]).

With regards to pricing, it's all what you can negotiate. Call/Email before you place your order. If they cannot accommodate your change, you could always request a refund.

Regarding negotiation, you are suggesting that folks have been able to negotiate the cost of the premium package to factor out the cost for ventillated seats by sweet talking to them over phone? Could you help me find some tips? I would really love that option.

Regarding negotiation, you are suggesting that folks have been able to negotiate the cost of the premium package to factor out the cost for ventilated seats by sweet talking to them over phone? Could you help me find some tips? I would really love that option.
I'm sorry if I given the wrong impression. Tesla is not like a typical dealer and when I wrote "negotiate" I didn't mean to give the impression that the price of the vehicle was fluid. But if you've negotiated the multi-pattern seats, technically they should be cheaper, so you might try to ask for compensation for that. No guarantee that Tesla will bite, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

• Helpful
Reactions: krazineurons
No, but after you order, you can call Tesla and ask them to switch to Multi-Pattern seats. There are some changes that can be done manually via the phone - this may be one of them.
I did this yesterday however the experience on phone is subpar. The reps don't know much and I havent got the email confirmation either.

Any idea if I will still get leather in rest of the areas? Arm rests, steering and lower dashboard? Am guessing that will not be true.

I did this yesterday however the experience on phone is subpar. The reps don't know much and I havent got the email confirmation either.

Any idea if I will still get leather in rest of the areas? Arm rests, steering and lower dashboard? Am guessing that will not be true.

I bought a Model S with cloth seats and the Premium Package. By default it has leather in all the other areas unless you contact them and request a vegan car.

I've contacted Tesla about getting the front seats replaced with next gen seats. Neither of us like leather seats in cars, but the cloth seats in the Model S are horribly uncomfortable. It's like sitting on concrete after a while. Poor leg support in the front too. I went to the Tesla store on Saturday and sat in next gen seats just to see the difference, they were far better.

I don't know about the cloth seats on the X, but FYI with my experience.

I bought a Model S with cloth seats and the Premium Package. By default it has leather in all the other areas unless you contact them and request a vegan car.

I've contacted Tesla about getting the front seats replaced with next gen seats. Neither of us like leather seats in cars, but the cloth seats in the Model S are horribly uncomfortable. It's like sitting on concrete after a while. Poor leg support in the front too. I went to the Tesla store on Saturday and sat in next gen seats just to see the difference, they were far better.

I don't know about the cloth seats on the X, but FYI with my experience.
It's my understanding that all seats in the X are same, just that leather makes it more bolstered.

Thanks for confirming on the Leather situation.

To add/bump; we don't have our X yet, but we had a 24-hour test drive in Multi Pattern Black cloth/textile seats. And we all thought they were great. Even the kids (11 & 13) who are used to leather seats in our Honda Odyssey proactively commented how nice they were.

As far as cloth quality (in my humble 24-hour experience), I would rate them as exceptional. The material seems very durable at first. The sides are bolstered with some sort of synthetic (maybe leather? or vinyl? not sure). But the cloth is at least MUCH more robust than our 2007 Honda Civic hybrid cloth seats.

I liked the feel of the cloth. Although leather was nice, I didn't think it warranted the extra cost. I personally find cleaning cloth easier than maintaining leather (preference). We didn't consider resale value, since we plan to keep the X for quite a while.

The material of the cloth seats is fine IMO. At least on the S, we've both found them very uncomfortable. They are hard and hit us in the wrong spots. The cloth seats in the X appear to be built on the same frame as the leather seats which are similar to the S next gen seats. In the S the cloth seats are built on the original seat frame which was ergonomically bad.

To add/bump; we don't have our X yet, but we had a 24-hour test drive in Multi Pattern Black cloth/textile seats. And we all thought they were great. Even the kids (11 & 13) who are used to leather seats in our Honda Odyssey proactively commented how nice they were.
I have to agree with your assessment. We have the MP black seats on our Aug delivery MX and love them. We find them comfortable, easy to clean, durable with kids and dog, and they look great with the pure white exterior paint.

Reactions: vrykolas
Just so people know, most people really like the multipattern seats in the S. I have them and feel the leather version of the same seat frame is stiffer. the Model X seats felt a bit better than my S multipattern, but the Next Gen did not feel as good as either. It's softer than leather but still firm enough. I like my multipattern seats better than Lexus, Mercedes or BMW vehicles. Can't compare to 7Series or S class as I haven't ridden in them.

Just so people know, most people really like the multipattern seats in the S. I have them and feel the leather version of the same seat frame is stiffer. the Model X seats felt a bit better than my S multipattern, but the Next Gen did not feel as good as either. It's softer than leather but still firm enough. I like my multipattern seats better than Lexus, Mercedes or BMW vehicles. Can't compare to 7Series or S class as I haven't ridden in them.

My SO finds the S multipattern seats to be too hard and they are hard compared to our other cars. What really bothers both of us is because of the headrest that leans forward, we end up sitting in a position that's hard on our upper backs. I've found slouching in the seat helps, but I don't have to slouch in the next gen seats.

I've talked so some people who have longer and shorter torso than my SO and I and they are mostly OK with the multipattern seats, but if you're upper body length is in a certain range, the headrest is in the worst possible place for comfort.

• Informative
Reactions: Magus