Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black "OEM" aero wheels on ebay

sandeen

May 5, 2019
Minnesota
Anyone know what's up with the several sellers of aero rims on ebay that say they're OEM, and look just like the ones that came on my 3, but they're ... black, not gunmetal grey? Trying to figure out the provenance of these things, they don't say they're reconditioned, but AFAIK Tesla doesn't offer these rims in black.
(edit: I did ask a seller and waiting for an answer, but figured I'd see what people here think ...)

BonnieD

Sep 11, 2019
Los Angeles
I messaged the seller and he said that they’re powder coated in Satin Black.

Attachments

• 32A7529F-ABBB-4ABC-8E9C-4D598FD1BBF2.jpeg
    32A7529F-ABBB-4ABC-8E9C-4D598FD1BBF2.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 29

jamnmon66

Apr 10, 2018
Brighton, CO
Hmmm... kind of hard to tell in the pics but they look brand new. If you like that color then the price seems reasonable based on other used 18" rims that I've seen.

sandeen

May 5, 2019
Minnesota
Thanks all - I wasn't really asking about just that seller in particular, more about how selling black aero rims seems to be "a thing" on ebay.
My worry is that the painting could be to hide defects from reconditioned rims or something... *shrug* just seemed a little weird. Maybe I'm way too paranoid/cynical.

overma07

Sep 18, 2018
Phoenix
Note that you can buy the 18 inch aero wheels from the Tesla parts department for only $220.00. I just purchased one from the Scottsdale Service Center last week.

Wheel.PNG

• Helpful
Reactions: sandeen

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC