Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Onyx Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More Black Onyx wheels sightings.

12821376_10153410469938144_3896636228011524661_n.jpg

12814662_10153410469988144_5574844090003813858_n.jpg

image.png
These pictures look to me to be significantly darker than the wheel depicted in the Design Studio where they appear to be grayer in color vs. pure black in the actual pictures. Is it possible they changed wheel color / supplier? I ordered these on my 90D and this may explain why my initial order has gone from September to April delivery.
It's possible that Tesla in the beginning called the wheels gray. In any case they looked exactly like gray wheels for Model S, and still does in the configurator. Then the name anthracite, followed by Onyx Black. I'm disappointed not to get the gray wheels I ordered, which likely would be better to the Midnight Silver than the pure black I will receive. Still a sharp look.

Did you not get this email in January?

View attachment 167031
I didn't get the email because I hadn't confirmed my order until March, only had a reservation, and this is the first that I've seen it posted. Either way the email stipulates that the color hasn't changed but to me they look significantly blacker than on the configuration depiction. I also ordered Midnight Silver but I personally think they will still go well with my choice of paint but would blend better if they were grayer.

If there is anyone in the central Florida area who is interested in getting their wheels powder coated send me a private message. The person is a great detailer but can also coordinate the powerder coating of the wheels. He will put the car up on his lift, remove the four wheels, take care of having the tires unmounted, take the wheels next door to the company which does the powder coating. Once dry he will have the wheels remounted and put them back on the car. I saw some of the work he has done and it is superb.

Personally I think that is great news. I'm worried they are too black (hence the name I guess), but looking at pictures and seeing them "live" are probably two different things?

IMO, there are no wrong choices, its whatever works for you--for example, I think the wheels would look great with the metallic blue.

Reactions: satheesh.net
I think the BO wheels look great on black, the blue, and midnight T. Not sure yet about the MC red. Not a fan personally on white and silver cars. Our MC Red is coming with silver. For fun, I might get snow tires on black rims, but I don't know yet.