Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Onyx Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a picture of a Pearl-White (or Solid White) with the Black Onyx wheels? Or the Black Onyx wheels in general? I haven't found any pictures that are of good quality. I have to lock my order within four days. So I'm torn between the 22" Black Onyx or the 22" Silver.

Anyone?

How can Tesla do this to me? i just switched from Black to silver 22" due to the delay. I guess i will have to buy those wheels back separately : (

I would blame the OP and possibly yourself before Tesla. There was just no business sense in a $5k item holding up a $140k order; factor in the delivery data needed for public reporting and it would make sense for TSLA to powder coat the rims locally. (maybe the reason for the color name change?)

Does anyone have a picture of a Pearl-White (or Solid White) with the Black Onyx wheels? Or the Black Onyx wheels in general? I haven't found any pictures that are of good quality. I have to lock my order within four days. So I'm torn between the 22" Black Onyx or the 22" Silver.

Anyone?

It's not a good picture, but the one linked above from the Random Model X Sightings thread has it. Here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=114356.jpg

Yes, I saw that picture. To me it looks like that Black Onyx wheels are a little too dark. I personally wish they where more greyish/carbon colored. The Black Onyx wheels look awesome, don't get me wrong. I'm just not sure if it goes well with the Pearl-White...

Any opinions regarding this?

I think you mentioned that we had similar configurations, about two weeks after you switched and got your VIN I got my VIN (I never switched my order).

well decision is made and made to the best of my knowledge at the time of switch. It's ok. I will get the car and look at the silver first. If I like it I keep it, if not I will purchase the black wheel separately to complete my dream look. : )

Hey, it's not so easy to take a pic while exiting the freeway :wink:

Here is a zoomed in pic that shows the white X a little better:

Wow thanks for sharing the closeup shot. I now think the black onix wheel on pearl white paint (my dream setup) is little top heavy IMO. Feels like the car is in the air without legs. hmm... Maybe silver does not look so bad after all. Will see...:tongue:

Last edited:
BTW, not to be a "first-post-for-sale" guy... I am just planning on changing the wheels, so thought I'd give a heads up. Like a lot of people recently, I went from zero news and expectations of a May-June delivery to a VIN last Thursday and a "you're car is built and will be delivered in two weeks" email the next day. I will be more active on many threads on this forum going forward.