Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black or Blue ? Totally torn...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Black and Blue were also my top 2 choices. You can't really go wrong with either color as both are stunning. I ended up choosing black and I love it. In terms of black showing dust and dirt, yes it takes some work. I hand wash it once a week with the two bucket method and the black definitely pays dividends after it is clean. It is an attention magnet. I don't mind washing it myself though as I look at it as a good 30 minute workout and ensure that its cleaned with the right stuff.

David100:

I have had many dark blue and many black cars in my life. I love shiny deep paint which is why I put myself through the agony that comes with these dark colors. Here is my advice:

1. If you really love the shine and luster that dark colors provide, Black is the deepest color you can ever choose. Tesla paint is fantastic and the depth and clarity with black cannot be surpassed by any other color they offer. The black is free of metallic, pearl, mica or any other obstruction to depth and clarity that paint colors contain. The metallic black that is coming very soon will not be able to compete with the depth provided by solid black.

2. If black is too boring due to the lack of color than blue is a nice alternative. However, the depth of color will be greatly reduced by the metallic in the blue paint.

3. If you feel that one color will be easier to care for than the other, my opinion is that they will both be extraordinarily time consuming. This is of course assuming you will always want your Tesla to look its best.

4. When the blue gets dusty it loses more beauty than a dusty black car in my opinion due to the depth the black provides. The blue covered with brown dust looks dingy and the black covered with brown dust simply does not look as bad.

5. Lastly, since this shade of blue looks black in dark light, then why get blue? If I choose blue, I want it to always be blue and never to look black.

Overall, the work to keep each of them looking their best is the same, but the reward with the solid black far surpasses that of the blue. Just my two cents!

Last edited: