Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black or Grey wheels with Midnight silver

What color Rims on Midnight Silver LR+?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I likely going to replace the standard wheels on my new LR+ when it arrives next week and I am struggling to choose between matte black or dark grey rims. I am likely going to stick with the 19" diameter and get powder coated Slipstreams or Arachnids from TSportLine and simply mount the tires from the stock tires on the new rims. I'd really like to get everyone's opinion on what color looks best with Midnight silver. As a side note, I plan on tinting the windows and getting a chrome delete - in case those changes affect your recommendation for rim color.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: finaufan
I am taking delivery of my Midnight Silver LR+ with Cream interior tomorrow. After lots of research here and unanimous votes from friends, I ended up with the 20" Space Gray arachnids and Continental DWS06 from TSportLine here: Tesla Model S Wheels-20" TSS Flow Forged Tesla Wheel and Tire Package - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-s-20-inch-tss-flow-forged-wheels-arachnid-space-gray.jpg

I am taking delivery of my Midnight Silver LR+ with Cream interior tomorrow. After lots of research here and unanimous votes from friends, I ended up with the 20" Space Gray arachnids and Continental DWS06 from TSportLine here: Tesla Model S Wheels-20" TSS Flow Forged Tesla Wheel and Tire Package - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

View attachment 610228

TSport Arachnids is my top choice! I've seen matte black pics and Space Grey pics and they are both beautiful - I don't think I can go wrong either way! I take delivery on 11/25 and the wait is excruciating!

View attachment 610228
Also, do you have a referral code for T Sportline? If so, let me know what it is and I would be happy to use it when I order.

I had the same question as OP - I had a midnight silver car and was planning to black out some accents, so I initially thought I'd want black wheels. I'm really glad I went with TSportline's gray though. (These are 18" Arachnids on a Model 3).

IMG_20200424_131157.jpg

I used to have a black Model S. I always thought I'd want black wheels on a black car...but it came with dark gray wheels too, and I really liked them.

Also, do you have a referral code for T Sportline? If so, let me know what it is and I would be happy to use it when I order.
Hello,

I am looking for a referral code or link for TSportline to order rims for my Model Y Performance that is scheduled for delivery at the end of the month.

I am a new member to the community and cannot start a private conversation through the forum from my end.

Thanks,
John

With black wheels, you lose the details. It's hard to see the design on the wheels. Grey is a good compromise.

I have grey Turbines that came on my Midnight Silver Model S, but added bright silver Arachnid wheels. Still have my turbines so I can jump back and forth.